JV partnership - but how to split?

Work is relative, in that you might have to do x, however; you stated you don't have access to his market of leads. That is his work which he did to obtain that market of buyers. If he has to pay affiliates 50% of his share, so say around 30% total, giving him 35% for his work obtaining the customer base, then 35% for you doing your part, that is quite good overall. Again, you stated you don't have the leads / market available that he does, which means right now you both have zero of nothing.

Look forward to how you go with this... quite interesting.

I thought I'd come back and report. The 65/35 split worked out and I think is fair (and is a non-exclusive deal). Thank you for all your help!

Now I have decided to extend the offer to 12 master affiliates total (the one I already have). I can easily do the same split, except about half of these are coming from a referrer, who wants to get paid also. In her ideal scenario she wants an even "third" split but there is no way the person doing the selling, the actual affiliate, will go for a 33% split. And 33% just for a referral seems a bit steep. It also doesn't give me room to increase the commission for best performing affiliates.

How would you guys handle this?

Top Bottom