1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extended thread_create, but how do I make sure it applies to specified styles?

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by Bay Area Reefers, Apr 7, 2015.

1. I have extended thread_create that enters in special information into our database. That information is requested only when a user is creating a thread in a specific set of node/forums that I have applied a specific style to.

Almost like asking and entering in specific information about your collectable toy when you're creating a new thread in a node dedicated to a specific collectible toy. It won't ask for the information in any other forum/node since the style is only applied to this forum/node.

However, at the moment, when a user hits "submit", it submits to the database regardless of what node/forum we're in.

Is there a way for me to only allow these database entries when a user is creating a thread in a specific forum/node?

Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if I haven't been clear, let me know!

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The node ID should be available so you can trigger all of the relevant code to run only for the node IDs you wish.

Bay Area Reefers likes this.
  3. That's great. Thank you!!