1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Use Gravatar?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by BigPete7978, Feb 9, 2014.

1. BigPete7978

BigPete7978 Member

Is it possible to disable the uploading of avatars, and only allow the use of gravatar if the user chooses to have an avatar?
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Yes, disable local avatars via user group permissions.
  3. BigPete7978

BigPete7978 Member

All I am seeing is the option for avatar size and the ability to upload an avatar. When disabling the ability to upload an avatar it also seems to disable the ability to click your picture and change your gravatar because a permissions error pops up.
  4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Gravatar would still work, I would think. Is the Avatar option still in the user dropdown menu?
  5. BigPete7978

BigPete7978 Member

It is when the permission is set to yes. But if you turn it off it takes it out of the drop down menu completely.
  6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

There's no option to disable local avatars.
    Divvens likes this.
  7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You could set the maximum avatar size to 0 which would prevent anyone actually uploading an image.
  8. l0wD

l0wD Member

guys the problem is once you allow upload to your forum, the backend ip of the server can be logged. and this opens the gate for ddos kids. (i myself got this problem).
    id like to have a option to deactivate upload and activate only gravatar.

anyone here who can do this? (im willing to pay for it, pls contact me)