MG 2.0 Just upgraded to xmg 2.0.4a.

I'm sure they've not gone anywhere.

You may need to review the permissions on the categories. The category permission system has improved in XFMG 2.x and although the permissions should (and usually do) come across normally, there may be cases where they don't, but usually adjusting the permissions should sort it.

I'm sure they've not gone anywhere.

You may need to review the permissions on the categories. The category permission system has improved in XFMG 2.x and although the permissions should (and usually do) come across normally, there may be cases where they don't, but usually adjusting the permissions should sort it.
While file where they in xenforo 1.0?

I'm not sure why you are asking where the files are. They should all be in the correct location which is the same place they were in on XF1. There should be no need to worry about where the files are, or were, or importing them from XF1. The upgrade ensures the media items are as they were before the upgrade.

Did you uninstall XFMG at any point? Did you do a clean install of XFMG rather than upgrading?

I'm not sure why you are asking where the files are. They should all be in the correct location which is the same place they were in on XF1. There should be no need to worry about where the files are, or were, or importing them from XF1. The upgrade ensures the media items are as they were before the upgrade.

Did you uninstall XFMG at any point? Did you do a clean install of XFMG rather than upgrading?
I did do an uninstall due to it add-on where no longer used in Xenforo 2.0 :(

By doing that, you have removed all of the media. If you intended that you might use the add-on again in the future then you should have left it installed, or at least disabled.

Ok, then you may be in luck...

Can you remember exactly which version you were running before you uninstalled it? Note, it's important to be specific here, including whether it was a very old version (Xen Media Gallery / XMG) or a more recent version (XenForo Media Gallery / XFMG).

Ok, then you may be in luck...

Can you remember exactly which version you were running before you uninstalled it? Note, it's important to be specific here, including whether it was a very old version (Xen Media Gallery / XMG) or a more recent version (XenForo Media Gallery / XFMG).
I normally do them in pairs and the last Xenforo update I have is 1.5.17

Good tactic. Based on that, you were probably running XFMG 1.1.16. They were released on the same date.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-5-17-released.142123/
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-media-gallery-1-1-16-released.142138/

Follow these exact steps:
  • Uninstall XFMG 2.0.x but leave the files on the server (so do not remove the src/addons/XFMG folder from the server).
  • Run the following query:
SQL:
INSERT INTO xf_addon
    (addon_id, title, version_string, version_id, active, is_legacy)
VALUES
    ('XenGallery', 'XenForo Media Gallery', '1.1.16', 901011670, 0, 1)
  • If that query is successful, go to Admin CP > Add-ons
  • If all goes well, you should now see XenForo Media Gallery 2.0 in the add-on list as "Upgradeable"
  • Upgrade
Because you uninstalled after the upgrade to 2.0, no data would have been removed, so all of the files should still be on the file system and all of the tables should still be in the database.

After the upgrade is finished, it should be as if nothing went wrong... hopefully...

Good luck!

Good tactic. Based on that, you were probably running XFMG 1.1.16. They were released on the same date.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-5-17-released.142123/
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-media-gallery-1-1-16-released.142138/

Follow these exact steps:
  • Uninstall XFMG 2.0.x but leave the files on the server (so do not remove the src/addons/XFMG folder from the server).
  • Run the following query:
SQL:
INSERT INTO xf_addon
    (addon_id, title, version_string, version_id, active, is_legacy)
VALUES
    ('XenGallery', 'XenForo Media Gallery', '1.1.16', 901011670, 0, 1)
  • If that query is successful, go to Admin CP > Add-ons
  • If all goes well, you should now see XenForo Media Gallery 2.0 in the add-on list as "Upgradeable"
  • Upgrade
Because you uninstalled after the upgrade to 2.0, no data would have been removed, so all of the files should still be on the file system and all of the tables should still be in the database.

After the upgrade is finished, it should be as if nothing went wrong... hopefully...

Good luck!
sql.webp

I labeled as fixed but it only happens when I try to create a new album. . @Chris D
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1364]: Field 'xfa_motm_thread_id' doesn't have a default value in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 212
  1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 77
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 79
  4. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 160
  5. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->insert() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1389
  6. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1121
  7. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/addons/XFMG/Service/Album/Creator.php at line 136
  8. XFMG\Service\Album\Creator->_save() in src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php at line 40
  9. XFMG\Service\Album\Creator->save() in src/addons/XFMG/Pub/Controller/Media.php at line 850
  10. XFMG\Pub\Controller\Media->getContainerToSaveMedia() insrc/addons/XFMG/Pub/Controller/Media.php at line 687
  11. XFMG\Pub\Controller\Media->actionSaveMedia() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 88
  13. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
  14. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1931
  15. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
  16. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 13

This happens when add-on developers rely on the assumption that their add-on will always be available and enabled and rely on their own code to set a default value on some columns when in actual fact if the add-on is disabled, that code won't run, and it will cause problems like this.

Please seek support from the add-on developer in the first instance (presumably it's this: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xfa-media-of-the-month.4707/)

Top Bottom