1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 just upgraded from 1.2.3 to 1.3.3 and

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by C.Stanley, Jun 29, 2014.

1. C.Stanley

C.Stanley Active Member

all went well i thought until i tried to upload a new style and i get this

But when i uncheck install and upgrade by waindigo it goes away

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  2. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

That looks like an error with the Install & Upgrade add-on from Waindigo. You will need to post about this in the discussion thread for that add-on.

C.Stanley likes this.
  3. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Mike Creuzer likes this.
  4. C.Stanley

C.Stanley Active Member

No i was not using it to install a style. I was installed a style the normal way. I dont even know how this mod got installed lol. Thanks buddy @Martok

5. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Well if you didn't install it, then someone else must have as it doesn't install itself, so you may want to have words with any other admins...

6. C.Stanley

C.Stanley Active Member

Well when i was first switching from vb to xf there where a few people helping get me started from here and installing what they was thinking i needed .

7. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Prior to upgrading, you always need to check your add-on list and see if any of them require and update for 1.3 series. The add-on installers (both the one by @Chris D and @Waindigo) are really a nice addition to the ACP. Results in your not needing to upload (separately) the files.. usually just point it at the resource (either at XF or if a paid one you download to you computer the local file on your computer) and go.

EDIT:
    They really help (especially for the new user) prevent uploading the add-on files to the wrong location. That is something that for some reason gets a log of new users. You see them upload the UPLOAD directory in the add-on archive to their site and then wonder why the add-on didn't work.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
    C.Stanley likes this.