1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Just upgraded from Beta 3 to 1.1 and my site is SUPER SLOW

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by toodlez, Nov 29, 2011.

1. toodlez

toodlez Active Member

So, I just updated from Beta 3 to 1.1
    I reverted all of my outdated templates (about 12 of them) and then put some few edits back into place...

Now my forum is loading SUPER SUPER SLOW, about a 15 second load time, and I even got the "Unexpected Database Error Occured" one time

Any ideas?

Note that my other site on the same server loads up perfect still

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That sounds like a load issue on the server - how does that look? Any errors in the server error log of interest?

3. toodlez

toodlez Active Member

I didn't check that yet, but will shortly..
    However, after about 10 minutes everything has seemed to clean itself up

4. toodlez

toodlez Active Member

Okay, I just saved a template edit and then clicked to go back to my homepage on admin CP and refresh on my main site..

I got the Unexpected DB Error on the front end again, and on the Admin Side I received this:
    Code:
    An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away in /home/freesty/public_html/thefanatic/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
        Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
        Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
        Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 825
        Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne() in XenForo/Error.php at line 50
        XenForo_Error::unexpectedException() in XenForo/Application.php at line 295
        XenForo_Application::handleException()

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That's a server issue.

You need to contact your host to see what the cause is if there are no logs.