Just got new server

ibaker

Hi All

I have been using an Australian server whilst the XF software came of age and my site has been going really well now with XF.

I have just obtained new hosting which is a dedicated server in LA with WebNX:
e3-1230, 16gb ram, 4x 73gb 15,000 rpm sas w/ hardware raid 10 & 320gb 7.2k rpm hdd, 5TB, 100mbps port, /29

Is there anyone who would like to set it up for me and manage it for say a small monthly fee OR if you have a small site then perhaps free hosting in return?

That's some serious hosting specs :)
Yes I know and it is the same price as what I am paying now for an Aussie server so why not...it will certainly give me some headroom for my video chat and IM on my site which in itself could be an asset for someone to use with their own site if they are managing the server

How much these things cost post month?
Special deal so I am not sure what their normal price would be but I am paying $179 p/m which is what I am paying for a VPS with 8gig ram, 4 core Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5670 @ 2.93GHz and standard drives so I think I have got off really well however I am not a server admin person so have no knowledge in managing it...just want the best I can for my XF site and its extra addons whilst making it more appealing world wide instead of just Australia

180$ is a great deal for that memory and 5tb traffic.
If my site was commercial I would certainly be getting one and team up with you - so we can use each others servers to offload i/o and backups.

Hi All

I have been using an Australian server whilst the XF software came of age and my site has been going really well now with XF.

I have just obtained new hosting which is a dedicated server in LA with WebNX:
e3-1230, 16gb ram, 4x 73gb 15,000 rpm sas w/ hardware raid 10 & 320gb 7.2k rpm hdd, 5TB, 100mbps port, /29

Is there anyone who would like to set it up for me and manage it for say a small monthly fee OR if you have a small site then perhaps free hosting in return?

What kind of management? Kinda interested :D

Yesterday I organised an old friend who use to manage my server for me to set this one up all ready for me...In terms of management I haven't addressed that with him yet. I was advised yesterday that the server is ready so he will set it up some time early this week and I will go from there.

Top Bottom