Just Got my 2nd Xenforo License Renewl Notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

KozmoK

To give them my money or not? You would think with the lack of updates they would give us all a year free.

Yeah. There's no obligation. If you feel like you don't need the support and overall there's no value for money right now then hold off.

As for the year free. Yes it does entitle you to upgrades if there are any but it also entitles you to ticket support etc. So, I don't think a year free would be reasonable.

Yeah. There's no obligation. If you feel like you don't need the support and overall there's no value for money right now then hold off.

As for the year free. Yes it does entitle you to upgrades if there are any but it also entitles you to ticket support etc. So, I don't think a year free would be reasonable.

Agreed. Ticket support is also included in the license for a year. However, I do believe the staff (should they carry on development) should give some sort of free time (6 months?) to the people who have stuck around in recent times. Especially addon developers who have kept this community alive over the past year or so.

To give them my money or not? You would think with the lack of updates they would give us all a year free.
I'm in the same boat at the moment.
Agreed. Ticket support is also included in the license for a year. However, I do believe the staff (should they carry on development) should give some sort of free time (6 months?) to the people who have stuck around in recent times. Especially addon developers who have kept this community alive over the past year or so.
I don't agree about a free year, no business can run like that, the guys have to earn a living. That said, with nothing whatsoever being said officially, who knows if there will ever be another update. It's incredibly frustrating.

Same boat here. I'd be more than happy to renew if I knew that there was going to be continuing development on the software. I really don't want to have to migrate away from XF to something else.

Agree completely. Leaving all users, that love XF anyway, in the lack of any notice about development is not a good way to create a strong user base. The software is fantastic but no one should be leaved in this "unknown" state...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom