1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Got my 2nd Xenforo License Renewl Notice

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by KozmoK, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KozmoK

KozmoK Active Member

To give them my money or not? You would think with the lack of updates they would give us all a year free.
  2. oman

oman Well-Known Member

If I was you, I'd probably hold of renewal until you see signs of development continue.

As for the year free question, I don't know.
  3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Yeah. There's no obligation. If you feel like you don't need the support and overall there's no value for money right now then hold off.

As for the year free. Yes it does entitle you to upgrades if there are any but it also entitles you to ticket support etc. So, I don't think a year free would be reasonable.
    Jeremy likes this.
  4. MagnusB

MagnusB Well-Known Member

I got my notice a week or two ago, not renewing until I see a point in renewing.
  5. John007

John007 Active Member

im not renewing either, when i see an update m&k will get some more money from me.
  6. Dynamic

Dynamic Well-Known Member

Agreed. Ticket support is also included in the license for a year. However, I do believe the staff (should they carry on development) should give some sort of free time (6 months?) to the people who have stuck around in recent times. Especially addon developers who have kept this community alive over the past year or so.
  7. MYstIC G

MYstIC G Active Member

I'm in the same boat at the moment.
    I don't agree about a free year, no business can run like that, the guys have to earn a living. That said, with nothing whatsoever being said officially, who knows if there will ever be another update. It's incredibly frustrating.
  8. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

Not renewing until they renew my faith in their company. Don't really need ticket support - there are other venues I can use if needed.
  9. ceribik

ceribik Active Member

Same, got mine a few months ago. Doubt I will renew but that will depend on what progress occurs, if any.
  10. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Well-Known Member

I'm not due for a renewal till May, hopefully by then we will be raving about the new 1.2 version of Xenforo that everyone loves. (We live in hope)
    Brentnauer likes this.
  11. ZippySLC

ZippySLC Member

Same boat here. I'd be more than happy to renew if I knew that there was going to be continuing development on the software. I really don't want to have to migrate away from XF to something else.
  12. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

We all would be happy to renew if there would be any development again.
    psx and Paul like this.
  13. AndreaMarucci

AndreaMarucci Well-Known Member

Agree completely. Leaving all users, that love XF anyway, in the lack of any notice about development is not a good way to create a strong user base. The software is fantastic but no one should be leaved in this "unknown" state...
    Paul likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.