just got a vps and need some tips

aiman.h.kallaf

Greeting ,

I just got a vps with whm/cpannel installed on it.

any general tips i should follow .

and my seccond question is i want to increase the timeout of the server , how can i do that

because i'm noticing that my ftp is not as faster as it should be and a bit slow and there are some timeouts

any advices to increase the ftp uploading speed

1st tip.....install Config Server Firewall. That will help you secure and identify what needs to be tightened up on.

With regards to your FTP, what FTP Server have you selected in WHM to use?

1st tip.....install Config Server Firewall. That will help you secure and identify what needs to be tightened up on.

With regards to your FTP, what FTP Server have you selected in WHM to use?
ftp = bad
sftp = good
:p

I don't know if WHM can use sftp, but if it is an option it would be my preferred poison of choice.

You can, but the user would need minimum jail shell access to the VPS.
Never have "done" a managed VPS so don't know if shell access is normal or not. I'll keep my unmanaged (except by me) servers. Even with the resources I have on mine being able to support it I don't have any need for a panel.
I may have to install it on one of mine just to play with tho' to get familiar with the back end of it.

Never have "done" a managed VPS so don't know if shell access is normal or not. I'll keep my unmanaged (except by me) servers. Even with the resources I have on mine being able to support it I don't have any need for a panel.
I may have to install it on one of mine just to play with tho' to get familiar with the back end of it.
It depends on how you set it up. Even if it's managed by the VPS provider, they still usually give you root access. It depends then on how you set up the accounts on there for hosting.

never liked ftp anyway , i just canceled everything because at this rate i'll need literally more than a month , will use cpannel faster and better

Top Bottom