Just got 1,200 unique viewers in 5 minuts

Luke B

SLRuser just got 1,200 unique viewers in 5 minutes all because I stumbled this picture :)

Its obviously not quality traffic but its still kinda cool to see I guess. Anyone else have similar crazy traffic stories?

Note: Yeah, I misspelled minutes in the title :(

I realize its not an enormous amount of traffic but its still really cool to see. Usually I'm running at about 20-30 viewers at any given time.

Nice photo too :)

Although the Safety Nerd in me doesn't think that open fire under a flammable fabric canopy is such a good idea.

Now. don't change anything because there's an opportunity that you can have repeat visitors.

On Sept 2nd, Activision revealed MW3 multiplayer, and then kaboom, I got 2,000 views that day. Then the trend continued - I was raking in 1,300+ per day, now it's dropped little by little. But once I get news back up, that traffic number will indeed climb back up.

Thank god for the RSS invention. :)

SLRuser just got 1,200 unique viewers in 5 minutes all because I stumbled this picture :)

Its obviously not quality traffic but its still kinda cool to see I guess. Anyone else have similar crazy traffic stories?

Note: Yeah, I misspelled minutes in the title :(

did you post this pic onto StumbleUpon or onto Facebook?

did you post this pic onto StumbleUpon or onto Facebook?
It was on StumbleUpon and the crazy traffic came in about 5 min.
For a small site, 1200+ unique visits is a lot, especially for a single page.
The first time a photo got stumbled on the site I got almost 1,700! But like I said, people using stumbleupon never stick around. They look at the picture, like it and move on. It's fun to see though.

Top Bottom