1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got 1,200 unique viewers in 5 minuts

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Luke B, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Luke B

Luke B Active Member

SLRuser just got 1,200 unique viewers in 5 minutes all because I stumbled this picture :)

Its obviously not quality traffic but its still kinda cool to see I guess. Anyone else have similar crazy traffic stories?

Note: Yeah, I misspelled minutes in the title :(
    gldtn and Kim like this.
  2. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Now you just got 1,201 unique viewers. You, tricky you ;)
    Luke B likes this.
  3. Luke B

Luke B Active Member

I realize its not an enormous amount of traffic but its still really cool to see. Usually I'm running at about 20-30 viewers at any given time.
  4. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

For a small site, 1200+ unique visits is a lot, especially for a single page.
  5. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Nice photo too :)

Although the Safety Nerd in me doesn't think that open fire under a flammable fabric canopy is such a good idea.
    Luke B likes this.
  6. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Now. don't change anything because there's an opportunity that you can have repeat visitors.

On Sept 2nd, Activision revealed MW3 multiplayer, and then kaboom, I got 2,000 views that day. Then the trend continued - I was raking in 1,300+ per day, now it's dropped little by little. But once I get news back up, that traffic number will indeed climb back up.

Thank god for the RSS invention. :)
  7. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

did you post this pic onto StumbleUpon or onto Facebook?
  8. Luke B

Luke B Active Member

It was on StumbleUpon and the crazy traffic came in about 5 min.
    The first time a photo got stumbled on the site I got almost 1,700! But like I said, people using stumbleupon never stick around. They look at the picture, like it and move on. It's fun to see though.
  9. Panupat

Panupat Well-Known Member

Fair and square. Somehow I expected some dirty or much more stupid picture there.
    Luke B likes this.