Just For You Steve Mach...

Anthony Parsons

Steve, if you read this... keep your head high mate. You were one person who was really holding together vBulletin IMHO. You were the voice of reason at vBulletin, the person to turn towards for help when something was wrong, and regardless how good or bad the issue, you always handled things professionally from my experience.

Don't let VB kick you for your effort... I have read a lot of comments from people who think similar to myself... you were the rock at VB that they've now lost to their detriment.

I hope you and your wife well in whatever endeavor you envelope yourself within now.

Steve, if you read this... keep your head high mate. You were one person who was really holding together vBulletin IMHO. You were the voice of reason at vBulletin, the person to turn towards for help when something was wrong, and regardless how good or bad the issue, you always handled things professionally from my experience.

Don't let VB kick you for your effort... I have read a lot of comments from people who think similar to myself... you were the rock at VB that they've now lost to their detriment.

I hope you and your wife well in whatever endeavor you envelope yourself within now.

Indeed, through it all (and even when we didn't see eye to eye) Steve was always the consumate professional, IB company have done themselves no good this week and now to add to it all Jake Bunce has left too.:eek:

Nor has he but that is irrelevant to this thread.
Well, without wishing to derail the threads original intention. It's heavily implied in the OP that Steves hand may have been forced through inappropriate conduct on the part of VB, I don't know if that's true, the good man hasn't commented on it himself.

On topic.

Steve, thank you for all the help you provided me with over my years with vBulletin. :)

None of my business why you left nor anyones in this thread.

I'm sick to the stomach to see your name in the legal stuff though, all I will say is simply this -

you always came across as a total professional and delt with everything as instructed or as you felt fit, max respect and good luck in all you do, you helped a shed load of plp including me.

I've had only one encounter with Steve, and that was over a support ticket. At that time, there was an issue connecting to phpMyAdmin on our server, and Steve tried to help us out with that. This was after 9 PM in the night, his side. The issue for some reason didn't resolve, and exactly at 10 PM, he posted some helpful instructions with the following, I quote,:
I will be going to bed soon so I am unassigning myself from this ticket so that someone else can help with you get phpMyAdmin working.
To many, that may be 'standard procedure', yet at that moment, I knew I was dealing with a professional who actually had a sense of professionalism. :)

Steve, thank you very much for your support over all these years. 154,787 posts of customer support and 11 years of service can be nothing less than an irreplaceable asset to any company. Where your presence is a credit, your absence speaks silent volumes of the direction that company must be heading to. Your reputation with customers is more at a personal level, and I don't see that just washing away with any legal hogwash being flung around.

I wish you the very best of luck, and hope to run into you somewhere, sometime soon. :)

I've had only one encounter with Steve, and that was over a support ticket. At that time, there was an issue connecting to phpMyAdmin on our server, and Steve tried to help us out with that. This was after 9 PM in the night, his side. The issue for some reason didn't resolve, and exactly at 10 PM, he posted some helpful instructions with the following:

To many, that may be 'standard procedure', yet at that moment, I knew I was dealing with a professional who actually had a sense of professionalism. :)

Steve, thank you very much for your support over all these years. 154,787 posts of customer support and 11 years of service can be nothing less than an irreplaceable asset to any company. Where your presence is a credit, your absence speaks silent volumes of the direction that company must be heading to. Your reputation with customers is more at a personal level, and I don't see that just washing away with any legal hogwash being flung around.

I wish you the very best of luck, and hope to run into you somewhere, sometime soon. :)
Thanks. I'd like to use that one for my references. ;)

Top Bottom