Just For You Steve Mach...

I knew Steve was fighting for us when the leaked private staff discussions about vB4 came out. After my experience on the alpha team for 4.0, I came to realize IB was just going through the motions and were going to do what they wanted regardless of what anyone was telling them...even their long-time trusted Support Manager. The whole thing stinks to high heaven but true to his impeccable character, Steve won't engage in the mud slinging and I respect him even more for that.

I noticed you asked to be removed (multiple times) from vBulletin's alpha and beta member groups, nice move :)

Honestly i was just being part of alpha team because of vBSEO. But i don't want to see anything secretive about vBulletin anymore. Heck , if vBSEO never existed i would probably stop using vBulletin. I am still sticking with vB 3.8 versions where the old team coded.

I never took any of it personally. :)
I have but only one reaction:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

[In case one of those videos is removed by the time it is read by everyone: "Really?"]

Back to your scheduled programming. :)

Do you seem to have something personal against Steve? I've noticed on quite some threads...

I wasn't an active VB member on the community, and I needed support only once. I never was as active as I am on XF Forums, but Steve from what I've read on this thread you should really be happy, give yourself a pat on the back (and a cookie!) for the amazing job you've done. It's sad to know that VB/IB doesn't understand the dedication and effort you've put in all these years but don't worry! It's their loss :)

And Carlos just out of respect for Steve try not to bring personal matters here since I've seen every thread which that matter was brought up in ending up closed!

Again, thanks for all the help though the years Steve! Funny, for many years besides vB, I thought you were an eye doctor from your forum you ran. So now, with both Steve andJake gone... We need a XFbookie made to get a pool going on IBs bankruptcy date. :whistle:

I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I've had to post asking for help with vB on their site, but Steve was always among the first to reply and one of the most helpful.

When I took over the running of my site two years ago it was still running 2.6.9 and needed a massive upgrade through all of the versions. Steve's helpful advice allowed a pair of complete noobs (myself and the other admin at the time) to get everything upgraded and running over a weekend with little in the way of problems.

I've always been grateful for that support. I honestly feel that Steve's departure is to IB's detriment and I wish him all the best :)

Again, thanks for all the help though the years Steve! Funny, for many years besides vB, I thought you were an eye doctor from your forum you ran. So now, with both Steve andJake gone... We need a XFbookie made to get a pool going on IBs bankruptcy date. :whistle:
Not an eye doctor, but I was in the eye care field for almost 30 years, mostly in the Lab, Tech Support and R&D end. In fact I'm even a Patented Inventor of an Anti-Static and Anti-Reflective coating for ophthalmic lenses. And I still own and run OptiBoard.com. :)

Top Bottom