Just For Today Meditations [Feedback Welcome]

Victor

I haven't asked for feedback ever on anything that I've produced, maybe it is time to be taught a few things. I have had this site around for almost 2 years. I was having over 60 -70 active people coming back each day until I changed over using the Xenforo. I am not sure if it just because of Change or ? However I think it isn't the software obviously ;)

So please feel free to let me know what you think. It is quite a bit different than most of you have, however I feel I need to know what you think other than the fact it is recovery related.

Cheers

Just For Today Meditations

I was having over 60 -70 active people coming back each day until I changed over using the Xenforo. I am not sure if it just because of Change or ? However I think it isn't the software obviously ;)\

I just had a quick look and to me those numbers just dont seem to add up, I did however notice that Most posts are from Victor which does not give a good first impression.

Also I am unsure if it is noteworthy but I was expecting a meditation forum and once I was at the forum I was still unclear if it was "jesus" related or "Meditation" related, Maybe it is a bit of both but if I stick with my first impression then I would say that I went to the forum expecting meditation and left thinking it was religious based. (a big part of this was the logo)

Just my thoughts..

I just had a quick look and to me those numbers just dont seem to add up, I did however notice that Most posts are from Victor which does not give a good first impression.

Also I am unsure if it is noteworthy but I was expecting a meditation forum and once I was at the forum I was still unclear if it was "jesus" related or "Meditation" related, Maybe it is a bit of both but if I stick with my first impression then I would say that I went to the forum expecting meditation and left thinking it was religious based. (a big part of this was the logo)

Just my thoughts..
I changed the header however I am not a professional so my apologize for that.

The numbers do add up if you would review the stat counter and you will see how the come back visitors have gone down in the past two months since I started to post the meditations on the /community. Before I only had wordpress as the site.

I had a few members that said they would like to have a forum to communicate however, it doesn't seem to be working.

I suppose this thread could be locked, I have decided to park the domain since I moved this last weekend and my Nephew broke my monitor on my Dell XPS 410 and I am using my backup but it isn't powerful enough to do what I need it to do.

Regards

Well the skin is nice - as it's Xenique - so your forum looks good.

You really need to sit down and look at your landing page introduction because it is riddled with errors which may put some people off, as it can seem unprofessional. For example you have so many words beginning with capital letters for no reason. In the first section alone you're using "there" instead of "their", you mention "mediating" should that be "meditating"? If this is not your strong point then do you have any friends or members who can help proof read?

Brett raises an interesting point that people who have no experience either of substance abuse or addiction and recovery, might well wonder what the site is about - he was left confused whether the site is about meditation or religion, when in fact it is for people recovering from addiction and the likes - so maybe on your landing page or main forum description spell it out a little more explicitly.

As a former, but recovered, abuser of substances myself in my dark and distant past I think forums such as yours are fantastic causes, probably a thankless task at times, and the very nature of your forum means your members will come and go as their lives come in and out of recovery and sobriety. I think the approach of any forum owner within this field should be more pragmatic: If you only help one person recover and stay on that path, then you have succeeded, that is more important than stats and numbers.

I have to say sorry but I do not like your logo. The angled lines look like scratches and are quite jarring and aggressive. I think you need some flowers and other calming imagery :)

I will work more on the main page, I just kinda threw that together the other day, although it is still a wordpress I didn't want to keep posting there or their so I am not sure which way to spell that will ask someone to help me with that as well. thanks for your input

I do however probably need to verify that is is basically Alcoholism and Addiction related meditations. Anyone who would such as google Just For Today Meditation would know and be looking for a meditation that is named "Just For Today" so I will work on getting that information with the right understanding as to our main purpose.

May I ask what is meditation in your website's context? I see you mentioned "recovery", I'm not sure if I understand
Oh I miss read this the other day when I replied I thought it read what is meditation which could mean many different things to each and everyone. The meditation context either located in the categories of the wordpress by name you would have to click on which one you would want to read as far as the archives go. As far as Our Websites Context on Meditations most of them are in our Daily Meditations Forum. This used to be all seperated for each individual meditation when I first brought in the xenforo software however, with the RSS set up the way that they did it, I had to put them all under on area, and even then I really don't care too much for the way that there RSS is set up compared to the wordpress or even the one site I have with a MyBB which not only gives the link but a little writing of what is said in the post. I personal like it to say something rather than just the link.

I have redone the header again now with no lines or other things in it. I have done the best that I can do I don't have the software like many of you do to make headers or whatever files it takes to edit the logo etc. Until I can get some extra money I will have to just do with what I have unless someone would like to make me a header ;) I would be much appreciative!

So I hope the meditations context is explained now. We also have one posted daily in the AA Forum And the NA Forum.

Yeah the Disclaimer is a BOMB! LMMFAOHTH :ROFLMAO:

Well, I'll be honest...I don't like the style at all. And the visitor counter at the bottom is just too 1990's. You can find out that information and more by using Google Analytics. Most visitors could care less how many people have viewed your site.

Holy Moses, your sidebar is wayyyyy too long on the homepage.

I would recommend trying to move some of that out of the homepage sidebar and into the main section of the homepage. Or move some of it to the sidebar on your forum.

A sidebar that is longer than your main area can be a source of irritation to your visitors.

Top Bottom