XF 1.5 Just converted from SMF, having some problems.

Britney

So I have finally converted my old SMF site to Xenforo (yeay).
Ofc I'm having some problems :D

Some info:
Xenforo 1.5.10
Addons: Advanced Applications Forms, Nodes As Tabs, Steam Auth, Xenforo Media Gallery, Xenforo Resource Manager, Xenporta 2, Widget Framework, FS Events, Bakground chooser, Last Posts Avatar
Outdated template. Bgchooser
Theme: Razor Blade
Problems are mainly on Chrome and Firefox
All users
Adblock is probably something most users have

*The first one is that it seems like my users can't stay logged in forever even if the check "Stay logged in". This includes me as well.

*The icon for the forum does not show when the category is unread.
Code:
.node .node_106 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node .node_106 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("/ruthstorage/icon/icon.png");
}
.node .node_106 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node .node_106 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("/ruthstorage/icon/icon1.png");
}
Both icon is on the FTP and I can access them on the browser

*The reset password and plugin installer can't be opened. I know that I have encountered this before, but can't find or remember the fix. I think it was something in the httpacess or chmod the folders in the FTP.

*Sometimes when users try to preview the post that they are making the log-out. Only encountered on Chrome

*Is it possible for a User to change their age? Since the move everyone is now 116 years old, haha :D
Edit: Found an SQL code that i ran and it seems to work:
UPDATE xf_user_profile
SET dob_day=0, dob_month=0, dob_year=0

Please let me know if you need more details from me
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
The first one is that it seems like my users can't stay logged in forever even if the check "Stay logged in". This includes me as well.
Looking at your site, I can see evidence of Varnish. If staying logged in doesn't resolve it, that would potentially point to cached pages being served in certain scenarios. (Or cookies not always being passed through.) If possible, I would see if your host can remove you from Varnish for testing.

The icon for the forum does not show when the category is unread.
Can't really comment too much from a support perspective, but you probably want to use "background" instead of background-image.

The reset password and plugin installer can't be opened. I know that I have encountered this before, but can't find or remember the fix. I think it was something in the httpacess or chmod the folders in the FTP.
I'm not sure I follow, but you mention plugin installer, so I assume this is add-on related. Best directed at the add-on developer.

Sometimes when users try to preview the post that they are making the log-out. Only encountered on Chrome
This potentially relates to the first point.

Looking at your site, I can see evidence of Varnish. If staying logged in doesn't resolve it, that would potentially point to cached pages being served in certain scenarios. (Or cookies not always being passed through.) If possible, I would see if your host can remove you from Varnish for testing.
Alright, I will try this. Thanks!
Can't really comment too much from a support perspective, but you probably want to use "background" instead of background-image.
Will try this as well, thank you :)
I'm not sure I follow, but you mention plugin installer, so I assume this is add-on related. Best directed at the add-on developer.
I know that I had this problem before when developing the site. But I cannot remember how I solved it :/
I think it could be something to do with a httpacess fix or setting permission on the FTP.
My Data and Internal_data has 777 so it should not be any problems, or should the files be 777 as well?
Regarding httpacess I have the original one except I removed #/xenforo and replaced it with /
I do not think it is an addon since I remember this from being a problem the first thing after installing a clean Xenforo

Top Bottom