Just applied for Google Adsense

billybatz9

How long should it take for me to hear back?

Also, how much on average does the average person make? Add unique visitors as well please, so I know what I am up against (if i get accepted)

There's no point to know what an average person makes. Some sites make less than 1 cent a day, some site makes hundreds or thousands a day... To average them is pointless. How many unique users do you have a day? How many page views? What is the topic of your site? Plus the actual placement of the ads will make a difference.

Yep... in about a year and a half I've made a whole $47 and some cents. Of course, having few users impacts that. But I didn't set the forums up for money but my enjoyment.
Would I like to see them become popular - yes, but is it necessary - no, not for me.

It depends on so many factors, like page views, clicks and so on.

I would recommend various AdSense alternatives, because Google isn't very reliable depending on your forum content; if you have anything controversial, they will just disable your account without any communication to resolve it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AdSense#Criticism

Also, AdSense almost has a monopoly, so it's good for the competition to use alternatives to AdSense. In general though, the consensus seems to be that AdSense is the best for now.

How long should it take for me to hear back?

Also, how much on average does the average person make? Add unique visitors as well please, so I know what I am up against (if i get accepted)

You are not allowed to share what you make exactly with AdSense (stupid rule imo) but on the other hand, you can't compare one site with another. It depends on your content, type of site, no. of visitors, pages, ad locations and much more. I can only say I have some good times due my adsense revenue, but their policies suck and communication is horrible. But for me, it works better than the competition.

You made a good choice. Don't expect to make much from 100 visitors a day. I find you only start making revenue at 1000+ daily.

I have done three popular sites in three different niches in adsense. Overall the revenue was good, much better than other solutions.

What's good? I mean... Good to you may mean loafs of bread and bricks of cheese for the whole community in a 3rd World country. As mentioned in previous responses, what you make will depend on a large number of factors. The fact that you are here asking us how long it will take for you to be approved... well... I'm sure you'll be looking for a new 3rd party soon enough. No offense, but they DO explain the process on a page once you have submitted your application... so the fact that you are here asking how long just says that you never read that part, and likely never bothered to read any of the TOS either.

Not my problem though :D Good luck on your Journey :)

What's good? I mean... Good to you may mean loafs of bread and bricks of cheese for the whole community in a 3rd World country. As mentioned in previous responses, what you make will depend on a large number of factors. The fact that you are here asking us how long it will take for you to be approved... well... I'm sure you'll be looking for a new 3rd party soon enough. No offense, but they DO explain the process on a page once you have submitted your application... so the fact that you are here asking how long just says that you never read that part, and likely never bothered to read any of the TOS either.

Not my problem though :D Good luck on your Journey :)
I did read, and it said I'll hear back within a week. Was just wondering if it usually happens within a few days or does it really take a full week.

Well... I'll go out on a limb here and say you should hear back within a week :) In all seriousness though, I understand your anxious, I've gotten replies in less than a couple hours. I've also had replies that take close to a whole week. It's dependent on a number of factors. First site? Good Content? Open to search? Should not take too long to get a reply... but again, could take up to a week ;)

One of my forums made ONE CENT last week on Adsense.
Not sure it's even worth places ads on your forums unless you have a very busy forums.
I don't think the look of ads in my forums are worth the pennies I get from it.

I do get a check every month from Google, BUT it's from my Youtube channel.
OK, it's not a check, it's direct deposit!
Much easier money there. Grab a video camera and start making videos!!

Not sure it's even worth places ads on your forums unless you have a very busy forums.

No way, YouTube is a money hog. Making money on adsense on a trafficked site is much easier.

And is it the same amount of views that your video's get as your forums? A forum doesn't have a high clickthrough rate (CTR) normally. But I have sites that have CTR's that are in the double digits, but those are made for adsense :x

Not trying to be harsh but when a person is making 1 cent they are not yet familiar enough with ad sense to make significant judgements about it. Just imo.

Not trying to be harsh but when a person is making 1 cent they are not yet familiar enough with ad sense to make significant judgements about it. Just imo.

Yes, I agree, please post your forum, so I can see your layout.
ALSO, can you check out my forums in the signature. So I only have 171 members and 2000 message. with 900 discussion.

I need some advice on ad size and locations.
ad-above-top-breadcrumb
ad-below-top-breadcrumb
ad-member-view-above-messges?
Ad-side-top
ad-above-content
etc,etc,etc

Much appreciated!!!

It depends on your site topic, ad positioning and most importantly content quality.

The WDW site advertised in my avatar has some (very dated) content and has daily news posts. It only makes just over £100 a month on adsense (approx. $168 USD) but I tend to mix adsense with affiliate networks which helps boost income.

Top Bottom