Just a Year to Go

When "the dreadful logo"
You're missing the best part: The logo in color!

I remember the 2012 ZION debacle.
zion2012.jpg

Iran was thinking of pulling out. [google]

They do some wonderful work but they missed the mark on this one sadly.
I feel they miss the mark on many of their jobs, but I've never really liked their work (with a few exceptions). It really seems like something that was just slapped together at the last minute (They were given a year), and had really no thought put into it.

The logo would probably have gotten a better view back in the 80's, as it fits in nicely with Hammer pants, vivid colors, and misuse of geometric design.

The logo would probably have gotten a better view back in the 80's, as it fits in nicely with Hammer pants, vivid colors, and misuse of geometric design.
haha truly! First thing I thought after saying "what the hell is this" was "my tight rolled stone washed, gap brand crotch huggers are miles better looking"

Worst Web Space.... EVER

For a serious big time Brand Factory that is.. horrible colours, ugly yellow useless navigation box in the left corner just lurking annoyingly.... annoying as fluck ugly vimeo box plonked in the middle with zero thought - horrible lack of any imagination at all. Not surprising really if you look at the horrid all white work space they have to endure, it would be hard to be creative in a glossy white mouse maze.

urghworkspace.webp

Their work must be great in some spheres though.... surely?

All the venues are coming in under budget and ahead of schedule. Every event is a sell-out. The park looks amazing. I think it'll be an excellent games (as far as these things go. would rather spend the money on more worthwhile things).

I can't get the "dirty" interpretation of the logo out of my head :eek:

Worst Web Space.... EVER

For a serious big time Brand Factory that is.. horrible colours, ugly yellow useless navigation box in the left corner just lurking annoyingly.... annoying as fluck ugly vimeo box plonked in the middle with zero thought - horrible lack of any imagination at all. Not surprising really if you look at the horrid all white work space they have to endure, it would be hard to be creative in a glossy white mouse maze.

View attachment 17519

Their work must be great in some spheres though.... surely?
Yeah its pretty bad...

What I don't get is why didn't they go with the classic Olympic motif, and play off that? It wouldn't have been difficult to do, it would have presented a much more professional feel, and would have still have kept a traditional feel.

IOC rules are that the logo cannot use the rings as a major component of the design
Right, but I'm sure they didn't mandate mouldy prawn crackers either, though the London 2012 logo appears to employ them as a primary design element.

Well I don't know how the London games will turn out.

What I *can* tell you...I live in Manchester, UK. In 2002 we hosted the Commonwealth Gmaes. Everyone said the same things...it'll be a disaster,etc. It was actually the most successful Commonwealth Games ever, and is widely seen as a model for how to stage such events.

So, don't write London 2012 off.

Well I don't know how the London games will turn out.

What I *can* tell you...I live in Manchester, UK. In 2002 we hosted the Commonwealth Gmaes. Everyone said the same things...it'll be a disaster,etc. It was actually the most successful Commonwealth Games ever, and is widely seen as a model for how to stage such events.

So, don't write London 2012 off.
...We can keep writing the logo off though right?

Today marks the point at which we have just a year before the excruciating embarrassment opening ceremony of the most unmitigated sporting disaster in history greatest show on Earth in London for the 2012 Olympic Games.

I'm sure it will be sensational.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Kier predicted it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

^^^ LMFAOOOO

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...de59954-df25-11e1-a19c-fcfa365396c8_blog.html

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/70960194.html

SERENAHatersGonnaHate_original.gif

I just discovered in this thread that the Bart/Lisa logo is actually the numbers 2012 :ROFLMAO:

Isn't there a 'worst logo of 2012' award somewhere?

Top Bottom