Just a Year to Go

Well ahem... I should probably not mention it... but when I think about how we screwed up the 2010 commonwealth games, I doubt London 2012 or any such major sporting event can come close... :( :cry:

Well that said, that logo is indeed horrendous, the first time I saw it I really had difficulty believing that it's the official logo... and the supposed mascots, should we even start talking about them?

I have to say that logo does truly seem to be sub standard for even an event at the local village fete. :cautious:

As Shelley said, no doubt they were paid a fortune for it too.

A mere £400,000...

The new design, which cost £400,000, has received a mixed response, but Lord Coe was adamant it put across the image and message that he wanted the London Games to deliver to the world.
"It's not a logo, it's a brand that will take us forward for the next five years," he told BBC Five Live.

A mere £400,000...

I'm sorry to say Lord Coe, but "take us forward for the next five years"!?!?!?!?!

That design didn't last the five minutes until you left the unveiling room before it was so tragically dated it might as well have been sporting a bleached blond mullet, chest hair wig and gold medallion.

I just saw the logo in colour and before I go outside to re adjust my eyes I will give you my initial impression
People with fluffy feet should never again design an Olympic logo.

fluffy feet.webp

The funny thing is that logo cost a fortune and after the general hate by the public, the 'design' company that made it changed their tune and exclaimed that the logo was like art and they intent for it to 'evolve' as the olympic games come closer....i.e. we stuffed up and over time we are change it to something cooler...and provide less eye strain to the masses lol

Am I the only one who thinks the logo is great? :<

Thought it was terrible when I first saw it, but it's more than grown on me now

Im actually confused...

In a time when the government is trying to save money, making people redundant, cutting saleries and making changes to pentions... they spend 400,000... on a logo?!

Just to check, four hundred thousand pounds?

What the fuxxing hell?

I think a letter to my local MP is going to be in order so she can bring it up in parliment.

Top Bottom