XF 2.2 Jump to post "jumpy" and not precise

voom

I know the source of the issue is probably an addon, and I have many of them. Which is why I am looking for a more heuristic way of finding the source instead of disabling and re-enabling over 100 addons.

So, what happens is, that whenever I jump to a specific post, like from the alerts or even with a deep link, it jumps where it is supposed to go, but then immediately jumps up to about one of the 3-5 last posts depending on their length.

From a logical point of view the addon "unlimited scroll" is the first suspect, but disabling it does not fix the issue.

Any clues are appreciated....

Without knowing which add-on you've installed it will be difficult to help...
Unfortunately for you, i think the best thing to do is disabling all add-ons & re-enabling them one by one.

Now it gets really strange: as I said, when logged out, it does not happen. Now I asked other users, if they experienced this, too. First to answer does not. Now I use "Log in as" and when logging in as that user, it does not happen.

So is it only me? Or something related to my usergroup, e.g. moderators? It can't be the browser or a browser plugin, since with the same browser in so. elses account it does not happen...

That's odd that others aren't having the same issue. My first though was to try disabling lazy load but that should affect evewryone - unless it's a matter of which device is being used (i.e., mobile vs. desktop/laptop). Itg c ould also be the browser - I love Firefox but it tends to be sensitive to lazyh load, and Google Chrome tends to have problems when no other browser is fine.

Try the lazyh load thin anyway.

Will try - though I logged into another account in the same browser, and it was ok there. Back to my account, issue is back....

Edit: tried (installed AndyBs "Remove lazy load") but still the same....

BTW I had the issue in Chrome and now in Brave (Chromium), but in Firefox it is ok.... So what makes my account different on Chrome expecially? Brrrr.... This must be a forum-poltergeist ;)

Last edited:
if you had deactivated your add-ons from the start and then reactivated them one by one, you would have already identified the culprit and everything would already have been settled. It's not for nothing that there is a button deactivate all add-ons in the ACP...

So I tried Edge as well, which has no plugins, since never being used. Same thing - it seems to be a specific issue, limited to chromium.

If only Firefox still supported web apps. :|
Do you have any moderator specific addons? Try and disable those..?
I'll check, but the other moderators don't report this issue, either....

if you had deactivated your add-ons from the start and then reactivated them one by one, you would have already identified the culprit and everything would already have been settled. It's not for nothing that there is a button deactivate all add-ons in the ACP...
So far I found out, that only I am affected and only when using a Chromium-based browser. I find that very interesting.

Going the recommended way would be quite a disruption in the forum and it still may not even be an addon, given what I found out....

So much the better if you were able to discover the reason for this malfunction, despite all it could come from one of your add-ons and you still don't know it. The only way to find out and do what everyone recommends is to disable all add-ons and then re-enable them one by one. Knowing that this problem was not so serious and does not prevent the operation of the forum you could have waited for a moment of low audience and put the forum in maintenance time to find the culprit add-on, that would have made your forum not accessible for a maximum of 15 minutes.

Usually I'd agree and I still might do that. On the other hand I have so far always found the solution, addon or not, without doing that. I have over 100 addons and disabling or enabling an addon takes about 1 minute (at least in the cloud server it is installed in). So, if I was really quick, the absolute optimum time would be 100 minutes, but I suspect it will rather be 2 hours.

The most important point here is, that an addon is unlikely, except it were something that only affected my account. Then, in Firefox, it works even for me.

I admit that 100 add-ons is quite incredible!
I only have 3 now when I had 18 at most. One day I thought about it and judged each add-on installed: I wondered if my forum would be less practical, less intuitive, less user-friendly if I deleted this add-on? Then i deleted 15 of them...

I guess many are important in your list of 100 but are they all really essential? I wonder how long you will have to wait to upgrade to XF 2.3 when it comes out, while all your addons are updated by their developers. I'm not saying that you will manage to come back to 2 or 3 add-ons but maybe you could delete 10, 20 and even why not 30 without your forum being changed...

There are some in your list that are only cosmetic, think about it!

This is actually already the result of evaluating each one. Cosmetic - ok - but I am a very visual person with a high level of it feeling off, if sth. is "not right". Of course, should functions become core, the addon goes....

I tried "disable all" but after a few minutes it quit with a database error. So the only way I can go now is the other way around: disabling addons one by one until sth. changes.

This was too tedious, so I found a workaround - since only I am affected and it works in firefox, I found an extension that makes PWAs with firefox possible. So now I have my pinned web app of the forum in a standalone firefox window. What remains to be seen, is if badges for new notifications work....

Top Bottom