XF 2.0 Can i change the Jump to Down Botton to another place? Footer is too away from anything interesting

deslocotoco

Any way of making the down jump button to not go to the footer and go for the editor or something more 'near' of the page? The footer is to away from the main stuff on the page:

125.webp

I think is a simple modification, but, i cannot find what to edit and what to change, instead of the "footer".

What i can add before the footer?

The return link for the button is:

https://forum.politz.com.br/index.php#footer

I just want to change #footer, to another #thing.

I ask because my users are keeping asking this. They think the footer is "useless".

Thanks.

No body can help me? :(
Maybe

You could try this:

1. In PAGE_CONTAINER change <xf:button href="#footer" class="button--scroll" to <xf:button href="#scrolldownhere" class="button--scroll"

This changes the anchor link

2. Then put that link id where you want it to scroll to, e.g. for quick reply you change the template quick_reply_macros

Find <div class="message-editorWrapper"> and replace it with <div class="message-editorWrapper" id="scrolldownhere">

BUT You will have a problem though because this will only scroll to the quick reply editor on pages that have one.

So if you do this instead you may be better off:

IN PAGE_CONTAINER do the same as above step 1.

But then:

2. also in PAGE_CONTAINER: find <xf:ad position="container_breadcrumb_bottom_above" /> and replace with:

Code:
<span id="scrolldownhere"></span>
<xf:ad position="container_breadcrumb_bottom_above" />

3. in extra.less you can define a position higher than the anchor

Code:
#scrolldownhere
{position:relative;top:-500px}

as it puts the anchor above bottom breadcrumbs, and the position makes it a bit higher than that so may be exactly what you need. You can change the value -500px.

Last edited:
Well, I'm the Lucky One, Mr. Lucky, because your solution worked perfectly.

I didn't even need to change the -500 px. Is on a perfect place (between some ads on my Forum).

Can i create a resource (Tips and Tricks) with this, with your name on the credits?

Top Bottom