JQuery is Slow to Load

fattony69

I keep having an issue when people are creating posts and when they are trying to insert images, media, and code. I have set it to Google's CDN, but nothing has changed from when it was on local.

Also, browser version is a very important factor.

Some earlier versions of Firefox, e.g. Firefox 4.x run incredibly poorly on any XenForo website.

What exactly is happening? What is slow about it?
I will click on either insert images, media, and code. The box will come with the overlay background, but nothing shows up in the box for about a few seconds as if it was delayed. Now that I go on other forums besides my own (and even here), it seems like every forum is experiencing this.
Also, browser version is a very important factor.

Some earlier versions of Firefox, e.g. Firefox 4.x run incredibly poorly on any XenForo website.
I am on the absolute latest version of Chrome.

I will click on either insert images, media, and code. The box will come with the overlay background, but nothing shows up in the box for about a few seconds as if it was delayed. Now that I go on other forums besides my own (and even here), it seems like every forum is experiencing this.
Oh... that...

Yeah that's pretty normal.

It's probably the only part of XenForo that I sit and think: Why did they do it like that? o_O

Essentially, you click on an editor button and it goes off to fetch and render a template. The amount of time it actually takes depends on a number of factors, but yeah, a few seconds isn't unusual.

I hope they improve it because at the moment it's not great.

Oh... that...

Yeah that's pretty normal.

It's probably the only part of XenForo that I sit and think: Why did they do it like that? o_O

Essentially, you click on an editor button and it goes off to fetch and render a template. The amount of time it actually takes depends on a number of factors, but yeah, a few seconds isn't unusual.

I hope they improve it because at the moment it's not great.
Yeah, that. haha!

I had a few members mention it and I never realized it because I've always wrote it in manually. The amount of time is enough that my members noticed. I've tested on Safari, Chrome, Opera, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Opera was the best when it came to loading it.

With XenForo the TinyMce editor is inside an iframe. When you click on button, it's using a TinyMce function to display an "inline-popup " with a standard url redirection (hidden). If your server is fast, the popup will display fast, otherwise you need to wait a little. Sometimes the redirection is also activating an Ajax function (via the url redirection), so you have to wait again a little longer.

Top Bottom