Joystick Required Forums

Code Monkey

I finally put my first XenForo forum up live. This forum has been around for almost 10 years. However it has been shut down for the last 2 1/2 years. It used to focus mainly on a single game which is now also shut down. With the hard economic times of recent years, my former health issues and no game, we shut it down.

However the community was tightly knit and continued to congregate of FB and such. So with my health improvements, a great deal on a host, and my love for the community I brought this one back and am tweaking the emphasis a bit.

It's main focus was a space sim game Jumpgate that ran for about 11 years. However people always posted about other games as well. So now the focus is gaming with an emphasis on space simulation games. I believe Chris Roberts is leading the way into another golden age for the genre so I went for it.

I have tweaked John's xenfracture style and plan to do a lot more. I can't seem to find anyone willing to do graphic work though. Everyone just wants to do whole styles. Anyway, I liked the basic colors of the style so I got it to work with as a base style. I still need to get a bg image and finish all the style tweaks I have planned. Lot's of work to do.Check it out. Any feedback is much appreciated

Joystick Required Forums

And no, a joystick is not really required. It's just a space sim thing. ;)

I should add that I deleted about 2500 0 post users. I used to code a lot of game tools and many peeps only registered for that. Plus many were banned spammers. I wanted to clean it up even though many think member counts are important. All the old bad emails just cause problems.

In celebration of XenForo 1.2 we put up a new site logo. Ok we would have put it up anyway.... :D

Some new node icons as well but they need work.

One of, if not my fav razortheme and you've made nice enhancements to it CM. Excellent looking forum and good to see this on xenforo. Excellent work indeed. :thumbsup:

All updated to XenForo 1.2 and now moved to a dedicated server. Finished final tweaks and seems to be loading quite snappy now.

We had an indie Game Developer post on our forums yesterday. That's a good sign that we are getting picked up on Google. That used to happen a lot before the long shut down. Hopefully it's a sign of good things to come.

http://joystickrequired.com/threads/retrovirus-6-axis-shooter-free-weekend.5850/

And for @Carlos, who doesn't seem to have conversations enabled. Here is the demo of how we are using the RM for game reviews. Notice the reviewer game rating in the side bar. We have more planned but I put it on hold till we see how 1.1 will use custom fields and how it will change how or if we use @Waindigo's mods that do the same.

http://joystickrequired.com/resources/shadowrun-returns.14/

And of course any other input anyone has is appreciated.

You could do that now with Waindigo's mod but it's probably best to wait to see how the new RM update unfolds.

It's xenfracture but heavily modified.

I got a question - those "Recent Discussions" and "Recent Posts" boxes - where did you get those?

Are they stable? As in secure? Is the plugin updated frequently? (like from xf1.1.5 to xf1.2.2, etc)

Can I control where it's displayed? I only want to display both on Discussion List - ya know where threads are displayed? Like here: http://joystickrequired.com/forums/community-chat.6/

After much searching, kicking tires and drinking lot's of beers I have plotted a new direction for a new style for 2014.

The current style I am using on this site was quick grab in order to get my first XenForo site up and running. This time will be different. I am going to be spending months drilling holes and kicking panels out of a style I found to be perfect as a base. I will be using UI.X Quark as a base and nailing stuff on and cutting others off. I really like many aspects of this style. Not only of looks but features as well. Some things I don't like at all so I will to cut them out. Overall, it's an easy style to work with.

I also really like the support at Audentio so that's a plus as well.

Anyway, I will be cranking away at the project over the next few months and hopefully I will create something unique.
Feel free to give me ideas or tell me it sucks. I have no problem with people not liking something.

I'll post some screens as I go.

jsr_1.webp

After much searching, kicking tires and drinking lot's of beers I have plotted a new direction for a new style for 2014.

The current style I am using on this site was quick grab in order to get my first XenForo site up and running. This time will be different. I am going to be spending months drilling holes and kicking panels out of a style I found to be perfect as a base. I will be using UI.X Quark as a base and nailing stuff on and cutting others off. I really like many aspects of this style. Not only of looks but features as well. Some things I don't like at all so I will to cut them out. Overall, it's an easy style to work with.

I also really like the support at Audentio so that's a plus as well.

Anyway, I will be cranking away at the project over the next few months and hopefully I will create something unique.
Feel free to give me ideas or tell me it sucks. I have no problem with people not liking something.

I'll post some screens as I go.

View attachment 60454

Very Nice (certainly doesn't suck I'll tell you that). Get some nice background images in the categories though I'm not sure that is a direction you want to take but looking at the screenshot, good choice and look forward in seeing this evolve. keep us posted CM :)

Yeah I want backgrounds in the cats. Don't want to make them but I want them? :D I just have to make sure they match everything else. It's tougher with a dark style.

I reduced the navigation panel and breadcrumbs to a much smaller vertical size to bring content closer to the top. Added Font-Awesome icons to the category titles.

Top Bottom