Java conflict?

Thom Tyler

Hi guys,

Think I'm having a Java conflict and I was looking for some help if possible.

I'm running CU3ER on my forum list ( http://psvaddicts.com/forum/) and whenever a user hovers over the menu's, you can't get them to vanish. It also stops my countdown from working (I've simply removed it from that page) but the menu's messing about are a pain in the bottom!

So, I've checked the script call-out from the block, and its got the no conflict () in the script, as you can see below. I'm just wondering, how can I fix this? Here's the call-up from the block so you can see...

Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/js/jquery.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/js/swfobject.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/js/jquery.cu3er.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">

jQuery.noConflict();
  jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
    $("#CU3ER").cu3er({
      vars: {
        width: 624,
        height: 318,
        flash_version : "10.0.0",
        xml_location : 'xxxxxx.xml',
        swf_location: 'xxxxxxxxx.swf'
      },
      params: {
        bgcolor : '#292929'
      },
      attributes: {
        id: "CU3ER",
        name: "CU3ER"
      }
    });
  });

</script>

Anyone able to help?

Java != Javascript. They share name and that's it. XenForo wraps all it's JS so it shouldn't be the cause of the problem. Probably an error in the other code somewhere.

Well any little JS error can stop all other JS from working. So say if there is an error before the XenForo JS is run then it won't work at all. You need to check error consoles etc to solve this. Firebug might make it easier.

Well any little JS error can stop all other JS from working. So say if there is an error before the XenForo JS is run then it won't work at all. You need to check error consoles etc to solve this. Firebug might make it easier.

If you can help dude - will donate £10 for a crate of beer! - I got a lot on and could do with an expert giving me a helpful hand?

Top Bottom