[J] Email Check

[J] Email Check 1.2.4

No permission to download

JustinHawk

JustinHawk submitted a new resource:

[J] Email Check - Block Registration via Disposable E-mail

Note: Currently this addon can't be used for upgrading xenforo 1.x version of this addon , i will do that all later.

This is a simple addon that check the emails entered by users during registration via the api of
  1. validator.pizza
  2. ipqualityscore.com

What's the limit?

1. The number of request is limited to 120 requests per hour, per IP address for Validator.pizza . If you need a higher limit, please contact them on...

Read more about this resource...

Kinda lost here, what is the purpose of this? Can you provide an example?
During registration it will make it possible for people to stop using fakemail/temp mail services. Quite useful when people use temp mails to sign up and spam on forum.

download seems to be broken, when I click Download it takes me to mpm.pm url but that's not even real download???

Hello, what happens after an error? i woke up with some "time outs" and i do not know what the users tring to register did.
Code:
GuzzleHttp\Exception\ServerException: Server error response [url] https://www.validator.pizza/email/userEmailEdited35@gmail.com [status code] 504 [reason phrase] Gateway Time-out src/vendor/guzzlehttp/guzzle/src/Exception/RequestException.php:89

thanks for you work :)

@JustinHawk thanks for this mate!

Just wondering, would you be able to add the VPN/Proxy check by IPQualityScore as well?

It seems the API is very similar, it even uses the same private key, it just has different request URLs and responses.

It seems the API is very similar, it even uses the same private key, it just has different request URLs and responses.
i had created the addon but haven't got the time to release it. Would be releasing every addon update next month (2-3d week).

@JustinHawk what exactly does this do? I wish there were more info in the descriptions? When you say it stops fakemail/temporary emails does that mean emails that don't exist? Which would be a great add-on for doing that. If it's some type of literal temporary email is that what most bots use? Been getting a lot of spammers signing up on my forum. How effective is this at preventing that? That's for any info you can give me. Looks like an awesome add-on

@JustinHawk what exactly does this do? I wish there were more info in the descriptions? When you say it stops fakemail/temporary emails does that mean emails that don't exist? Which would be a great add-on for doing that. If it's some type of literal temporary email is that what most bots use? Been getting a lot of spammers signing up on my forum. How effective is this at preventing that? That's for any info you can give me. Looks like an awesome add-on
its checks emails against the database of ipquality score and other validators via there respective api on registration page, i think ipquality score is quite better than others as it also check email domain score.

if you want to know how this works and how effective these are you can check the respective integration sites info:

https://www.ipqualityscore.com/proxy-vpn-tor-detection-service
validator.pizza

its checks emails against the database of ipquality score and other validators via there respective api on registration page, i think ipquality score is quite better than others as it also check email domain score.

if you want to know how this works and how effective these are you can check the respective integration sites info:

https://www.ipqualityscore.com/proxy-vpn-tor-detection-service
validator.pizza

Seems like a great addon on paper. Without trying it are you able to set registrations to pending approval rather than outright blocking them? Also as per suggestion above this would go well with an IP/VPN Tor check that IPquality provide. Would be a really good spam countermeasure.

Great work.

Without trying it are you able to set registrations to pending approval rather than outright blocking them?
atm its not possible to moderate temp mail users.

Also as per suggestion above this would go well with an IP/VPN Tor check that IPquality provide
the last update adds a feature that block user registration via proxy/vpn/tor using ipqualityscore.

atm its not possible to moderate temp mail users.

the last update adds a feature that block user registration via proxy/vpn/tor using ipqualityscore.

Thanks for the fast response. If you can option this to block or moderate it would be good.

Is there any way to add exceptions when it comes to email addresses? It seems everyone with a protonmail account is currently blocked.

Top Bottom