iTunes 10

I waited 10+ seconds for iTunes 9 to start. This version stars in just seconds. And the icon is not that bad, the old one was worse IMO. ಠ_ಠ

In the case of Foobar, terrible UI.

In the case of Winamp, better UI, but not as intuitive as iTunes.
In the case of Foobar, the UI isn't terrible, just plain. There are plenty of awesome looking themes available for it:
IBIZA_foobar_config_by_Br3tt.png

10470d1235689914-foobar-themes-foobar-kameleon.jpg

bHitman_Foobar_PanelsUI_Theme_by_BHitman.jpg

sshot1bq3.png

I don't use too much of a modified theme, though. I use Foobar2k to play music. I don't normally sit around looking at the window all of the time. It's meant to play music, and it does that the best I've found out of any other program.

Just wondering, what do you find intuitive about iTunes?

Using iTunes here mainly because of the store. I kinda like it too, don't have many gripes with the UI. It's just full of bugs with syncronization and stuff.

Spotify FTW... sorry but it combines my local library of 1,000,000 of songs with my spotify library of 100's or millions of songs and is free... compared to iTunes which is great if you have an iPod/iPhone but even then they are over priced just because they work with iTunes... Spotify is AWESOME.

Tried spotify before but TBH its probably the worst programming ever. I did some tests with it, and bearing in mind I'm on a Mac Pro with 16GB RAM and 2x 2.9Ghz Quad Core processors.

- It constantly ate 80%+ of CPU cycles whilst streaming.
- Because its effectively just a limewire style P2P system, my media was streaming out to a bunch of people. Actual network usage from spotify was about 5mbps out and 0.3mbps in.

Terrible program.

Back in the Windows days I used Winamp - did a pretty good job...but its no longer properly maintained and hasn't been for a while now.

iTunes 10 was a big disapointment IMHO. The new logo which looks like it was slapped together in 2 minutes, the grey icons, and the trafic light close/maximize/minimize buttons...the UI has been messed with in a bad way.

To top it off, they still didn't fix shuffle, which has been broken since at least iTuens 6!

Anyone looking for an alternative, try Songbird - effectively an opensource re-make of iTunes - and its skinable as its built on the Mozilla engine! Even has a built in web browser and also links in to the amazon mp3 store.

Tried spotify before but TBH its probably the worst programming ever. I did some tests with it, and bearing in mind I'm on a Mac Pro with 16GB RAM and 2x 2.9Ghz Quad Core processors.

- It constantly ate 80%+ of CPU cycles whilst streaming.
- Because its effectively just a limewire style P2P system, my media was streaming out to a bunch of people. Actual network usage from spotify was about 5mbps out and 0.3mbps in.

Terrible program.
You can just turn streaming to others off. Then it works well. I love having such a massive music library at hand for only 10 bucks per month. No more virus downloads trough P2P. No more screwy album purchases trough iTunes, that get reset when you connect to a different computer. I just DL loads of music to my 32GB iPod and enjoy. Can even rip that.

In the case of Foobar, the UI isn't terrible, just plain. There are plenty of awesome looking themes available for it
I don't use too much of a modified theme, though. I use Foobar2k to play music. I don't normally sit around looking at the window all of the time. It's meant to play music, and it does that the best I've found out of any other program.

Too male.

In the case of Foobar, the UI isn't terrible, just plain. There are plenty of awesome looking themes available for it:

I shouldn't need a theme to get a decent looking and easy to use interface, it should come out of the box. :)

And with iTunes, all of the buttons are clearly labeled, so I don't have to dig and search for something. Plus, Album Art, something which doesn't exist or Foobar2k, or I can't find (again, bad UI).

It's a nice upgrade but some things bother me. Mainly, the gray icons (eww) and where they moved the close, minimize, compact buttons. It's likely just something I'll have to get used to.

It does, however, seem much speedier than iTunes 9!

Yeah I didn't like all of the buttons grey as well.

It's interesting discussing an application, about the color of the buttons though. :)

My Android 1.5 here has more serious issues.

Top Bottom