1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

item count support for RM?

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Discussions' started by Shelley, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

2. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

What would you want the item count to reflect exactly? New resources? Updates?

3. Shelley

I think I would want both if that is possible. Perhaps a red alert for new resources and possibly another colour for updates but i guess they wouldn't need to be different colours to help distinguish if it follows the alert systems guidelines where you get info via the dropdown. But Both if possible, would that even be possible?

I just noticed that there have been issues with item count support after looking in the bug reports so perhaps this is the reason why we haven't seen anything yet.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The system is designed to support a single number.

Shelley likes this.
  5. Shelley

Ah thanks for the info. I wasn't sure so we could potentially see many variations of the item count being used whether that would be for alerts or updates or something else i haven't thought of. Pending i read your post correctly.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The system is built where you can specify a single number that gets placed in the red bubble, which is styled like the alerts / conversations bubble. This means that add-ons cannot have say a blue bubble for new resources and a red bubble for updates. Its just the single red bubble.

Shelley likes this.
  7. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Yea, i got inspired by this post and it's working if there's a subnavigation:)

Even for the RM it would work, but i can't see any usage
    Updated Resource => you'll get a xf alert
    New Resource => wouldn't this be annoying to members, because most aren't interested in all resources

Attached Files:

8. Shelley

I think an indicator showing on the tab (on index) would be useful personally when a new resource is posted but on the chance it could be irritating for others in the user cp you could have an option (checkbox) which a user can tick and not receive alerts for new resource submissions. :)