It´s time for some official statement what is going on behind xenforo

• Thread starter Thread starter bogus
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, here you provide the perfect answer as to why we should be getting worried about the current situation.

jonsidneyb, did I specifically name you in that paragraph? I was referring to anyone who keeps calling people trolls as soon as they hear anything negative about XF.

If it is anything like I have seen before they need room to deal with things. They might get burned out and have to think about something else for a moment then get back after it. I think they will survive this but be poorer. From what I have seen I can't see how they can lose the case. They can only deal with so much and negative distractions can make it harder for them to stay focused on what they need to do. I hope you never have to deal with something like this. It can ruin lives even when you win.

On the troll part you mentioned that when you quoted me.

From what I have seen I can't see how they can lose the case.
That's the thing, they won't lose the case. IB knows this. That's why they're doing everything they can it seems to stretch this out. Probably in hope that it cripples XenForo so financially that it cannot continue.

I just really hope that doesn't happen.

But you know, you're right. I'd have locked myself in my bedroom and turned into a crying wreck by now. Kier, Ashley and Mike - they have a lot of courage and they're doing the best they can and for the most part succeeding where most people would fail. I bet there'd be a hell of a lot of people, including me, who would have just thrown the towel in by now.

Well... so now that Kier and "Ash" (Anyone a Hustle fan, here?) have made announcements, some of the "XF is finished" crowd should go back to making trouble in other places! :) And while I agree that people like to discuss this issue, I am good waiting for at least another month. I hope to see some have you seen videos make their appearance again in a few weeks! :)

It is simple. "Clear and transparent, we are working towards developing and supporting XenForo."

This means they are working towards their next milestone (1.2) and continued support (via support tickets). Like they always have. This does not in ANY way mean they stopped doing these things, I can see how some may think that but it is simply wrong.
Exactly.

XenForo in a lot of peoples eyes now is finished, including mine. This site seems to be going through the motions until whatever happens, the business side of things and communication taking place the past 3 months has been utterly abysmal, bordering on being plain outright ignorant towards customers. What a disaster, you've "no idea" how to run a business here. You've alienated most of your customers by ignoring them for months asking for information, many have converted back to vBulletin 4 since, or currently thinking seriously about doing it now.

Well done!
You're so silly. Why on earth would "utterly abysmal" communication make someone switch software? Did XF stop working? No. Is it broken? I doubt it.

So if someone switched back to another forum software just because the developers are
a - one hard at work on the software
b - one dealing with personal issues
c - Ashley trying to support both of them

and didn't have the time nor the inclination to post on here for a while, I say
Good riddance. Because leaving for such a reason is petty and silly.

As I said in my post a page or 3 back, you get and continue to get, what you are entitled to, what you paid for. Damn good forum software, timely upgrades, and ticket support. Anything more than that is icing on the cake, NOT an entitlement.

I guess some people just enjoy updating their forums a few times a month.. For the record i have no complaints. XF still kicks serious ass and i for one am very glad i dont have to update my forum every other week.. Ive got spare vB licenses i keep trying to use on new projects, its a no win situation.. every time i install a fresh vB i just cant get in to the creative process.. Xen Foro has spoiled me to no end.

XenForo in a lot of peoples eyes now is finished, including mine. This site seems to be going through the motions until whatever happens, the business side of things and communication taking place the past 3 months has been utterly abysmal, bordering on being plain outright ignorant towards customers. What a disaster, you've "no idea" how to run a business here. You've alienated most of your customers by ignoring them for months asking for information, many have converted back to vBulletin 4 since, or currently thinking seriously about doing it now.

Well done!

Please stop spreading FUD mrGTB. As someone who has had intimate, first hand knowledge of XenForo's development roadmap, I can safely say there is more to come. Mike, Kier and I had a short meetup in Los Angeles last year and they showed me a lot of what they were working on, including the new search plugin. From my discussions with them, and seeing some of the concepts, and mockups, they have things mapped out for the next 3-4 years I'd say.

Quit with the fear mongering. It's annoying, and it's not the least bit helpful.

Careful there Josh, it wouldn't take much from your post to put a match to the powderkeg of emotion running at the moment. Whilst spreading dis-information won't be allowed, mrGTB is entitled to his opinion and if he thinks XenForo is finished then thats his right to think as much as long as he doesn't get out of hand with it.

Personally... I see it as picketing on a business's property, which isn't allowed. The simple fact that shenanigans like that is allowed is silly, even if it's an opinion. I can't go hold a sign inside a business saying "it's closing soon, there's nothing left", I would immediately get kicked off the property. I can certainly hold that sign across the street off premise(adminaddict), same concept here I feel.

Just a thought...

M rGTB has a history of attempting to state his own assumptions as facts, and he changes his assumptions more often than most of us change our underwear. I had him on ignore on vB, and actually should have done the same here a long time ago.

There's (imo) also a difference between voicing an opinion, or plain trolling. What he does is the latter.

M rGTB has a history of attempting to state his own assumptions as facts, and he changes his assumptions more often than most of us change our underwear.

I've been wearing mine for nine days straight. :eek:

On topic though, I don't think xF is finished at all. It's clear that the atmosphere here has taken a downward turn possibly due to the absence of the team, but recent events have proven me wrong in regards to previous opinions.

The cart was budged, a few posts were made and we have excellent new mods who are doing great given the situation they have to deal with.

I'm a happy guy for now.

On topic though, I don't think xF is finished at all. It's clear that the atmosphere here has taken a downward turn possibly due to the absence of the team, but recent events have proven me wrong in regards to previous opinions.

People on this site are very headstrong individuals, so opinions will clash, and often in big ways. Unfortunately in recent weeks the slippage in allowing people to go from debate to out right attacks and insults with little effective intervention, which is what all the mods are now looking to sort out.

Regardless of my own opinions I have to respect that others may not agree, and they have the right as a customer to voice them. Unfortunately it is a very thin line between keeping the peace and seeming to "cover up" something. I aim to be as transparent as possible and hopefully people will agree with my actions. Obviously we won't always get it right but hopefully we can keep it civil.

As previously said, we won't allow the spreading of dis-information but people can voice their opinion as long as it is kept calm, friendly and rational.

If you wish to contest mrGTB's points/opinion, go ahead, however just remember what I have said. Keep it calm, Keep it friendly, and absolutely no personal attacks.

Our mods see everything...
(05:09:00 AM) Slavik: *slap*
(05:09:09 AM) Robbo: hahaha
(05:09:13 AM) Robbo: that aint against any rules!
(05:09:24 AM) Slavik: i know lol but I read it and facepalmed

If you wish to contest mrGTB's points/opinion, go ahead, however just remember what I have said. Keep it calm, Keep it friendly, and absolutely no personal attacks.

It's not about "contesting" anything. I've given my view and others don't like it, which is fair enough. But I'm not open to debate on what I think with other members here trying to prove me wrong. I'm entitled to my own opinion on things, just the same as anyone else and if it goes against the grain with many, which it obviously has with loads not agreeing and reading the childish remarks made since, then so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom