It is OK to disagree

Adam Howard

When did it become socially acceptable to think that everyone must agree with everyone and that any disagreement is a personal attack on someone?!

Why do some people think that if you disagree with them, it means you don't like them? ... Who came up with that idea?!

We're welcome to our own thoughts, opinions, idea's, and expressions. No one has to agree all the time and it doesn't mean the its the end of the world.

Has the world become so politically correct that a simple disagreement means the worse case scenario?!

And why is it when someone has a "title" it is taboo or thought dangerous to disagree with that person?

I hope everyone here knows it is perfectly OK and SAFE to disagree with me. :cautious:

So what's prompted your post? Presumably something has blown up from a simple difference of opinion?
Actually, you'd be surprised as to how often that has happened (both on the internet and off line in real life).

I figured it was about time to ask someone, some where ....

Why is it so hard for people to see a disagreement as just a difference of an opinion, view point, outlook, idea, ect...
ect...

Although I do notice as an Administrator ... People seem to explode or run away .... Any time you disagree. Could be a simple topic issue and "boom".

Granted though, my question is in general.

I experienced this a few times on this board also, some people "leave the thread" because they disagree. That's often after they used ad hominem on you of course. Maybe they just never learned how to properly argue / debate in school?

I think that it's great to disagree with a point or thought and express yourself about it.

The problems start when the person(s) disagreeing start to make comments using facts which are not true or use expletives in order to hurt/attack the person making the counterpoints. This shows lack of intelligence and makes a sensitive topic flare up to levels of sheer and utter chaos at times.

This is why I stay out of A LOT of threads (especially here on xenForo.com), save for a well-placed picture that expresses my thoughts from time to time ;)

Wise decision.;)
Why is that so wise?

If anything I would argue that it is very unfortunate that some people feel the need to avoid talking in order not to simply upset others. This goes back to my original post... Have we become so politically correct that anywhere you are, you can no longer express yourself freely? And if so, what does that say about our society?

Please quote the whole sentence which includes "(especially here on xenForo.com)" and you've got the answer.
My original question and thought still does apply.

Granted, this is a business website and granted, you may need to be more "respectful" here. But that should not prevent you from still speaking on topics or issues that are being talked about.

OK, I disagree with you on this:

Screen Shot 2012-07-22 at 5.35.22 PM.webp

Care to defend your position? This should be interesting.

OK, I disagree with you on this:

View attachment 31915

Care to defend your position? This should be interesting.

I regret nothing.
And I firmly support and stand by my statement of opinion.

No one should ever purchase from a company that would wrongfully take people's money and run away with it. We can agree to disagree, but I will firmly stand on that argument and say that Invision Power Services Inc (IPS) does not legitimately deserve any current or future business from anyone, as a matter of my own opinion and experience with them.

So in principle and as a matter of an opinion, yes, I do not believe anyone should ever purchase IPB, it should always be NULLED and on that principle give my moral support behind anyone who does so.

Too bad you'll have to pay FS from now on to access 'nulled' stuff. Guess that throws a wrench in the whole 'never purchasing' stance lol. ;) Shout out to FS...hope things go well for you with the new structure. :)

Top Bottom