1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It has been 5 years of the XenForo Community

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by imthebest, Jul 27, 2015.

1. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

Hi,

We are less than an hour to the first 5 years of the XenForo Community. Yes, five years! I still remember this post like if it was yesterday:

Source: Welcome to XenForo!

In these 5 years here are the stats of our community:
    • Threads: 89k
    • Members: 77k
    I'm very happy to see the growth of this community being reflected in a better software. XenForo 1.5 is the best proof that the developers do listen us and I'm very excited about the upcoming beta release of XenForo 2.0 next year.

Thanks to all the members that contribute with the community helping others, thanks to the mods for their invaluable work, thanks to the add-on developers for their awesome releases, thanks to everyone part of this community for making such a wonderful place to stay.

Happy 5 birthday XenForo Community!!!

[​IMG]

All the best,
    Super120

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
    wedgar, IPF, Bram and 10 others like this.
  2. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Three years before you registered . . . how can you remember it? :D

With that said, it's been an interesting five years - lots of ups and down and it's great to see XF going from strength to strength.

3. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

5 years.. wow.

Sador
    I still hold account ID 163 (and was annoyed with myself I didn't get a top 100 one :p) which I think is kinda cool.

Congratulations XenForo and their devs, it's good to see it's still going strong.

4. Claudio

Claudio Well-Known Member

I miss old times when Kier and Mike were more active on the community, was really good to have directly communication with the developers

5. imthebest

Well Mike is very active and Chris too... Kier isn't because he is working 100% in XenForo 2.0

6. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Mr. Goodie2Shoes Well-Known Member

I sometimes I regret not joining the community when I first heard of XenForo in 2010... I would've been in the < 10000 group for sure! :p

7. imthebest

Yup I also discovered this community in July 28 2010 following a link from TAZ and I regret not joining then (I was going to be in the top 50 list) :cry:

I believe this answers your question, Lisa :p

8. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

29th, I doubt you got an invite to the private unveiling on the 28th lol

XF is in the UK, so we're using UK timezones :p

imthebest and The Forum Heroes like this.
  9. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

I lurked a while before registering and stuck with vB3, but still made it in Club 9000 (by less then 50 ppl at that) :)

10. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

I registered with no intentions of using it in Feb 2011, didn't start looking at the code until 2013.

11. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

5 years on Aug 1st for me, #789. :)

Released a style the day after the first public beta. Nothing spectacular though. :p

Halloween Style

Lisa and Mr. Goodie2Shoes like this.
  12. Mike Creuzer

Mike Creuzer Well-Known Member

I heard about XenForo, read the threads for quite a bit before registering. I remember that day well, heard news of the discount being offered somewhere on MSN chat Im sure >.> :p Bought it and built my first heavily customized theme in under 24 hours since it was released, stayed up all night in fact. But it was love at first style property.

13. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

:ROFLMAO:

Amaury likes this.
  14. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I joined on April 1, 2013, but didn't become active until June 14, 2013, with my first post being in the song thread. I don't remember if it was before or after, but that same day I posted on the profiles of @Brogan, which I later deleted because I realized he wasn't a developer, and @Mike, reporting an activity bug, where when viewing the forum list, your activity just said Viewing forum rather than Viewing forum list, causing confusion because Viewing forum with no forum name after it is when someone is viewing a forum another user cannot see.

At that point, I didn't really know where to post things. I still remember Mike telling me to post in the XenForo Bug Reports forum in the future. :)

Profile Post in Question: Mike

15. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

And he still regrets that to this day...

16. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

17. melbo

melbo Well-Known Member

Happy 5th XF!

- member #84 :cool:

18. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Mr. Goodie2Shoes Well-Known Member

boo!!! :cry:

19. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Registered April 2013...

My first few posts were complaints about VAT...

Anyhow, got a license some point then and started delving into add-on development, and here I am!

(I'm in the <50000 club. Not very exclusive though :()

Liam

imthebest likes this.
  20. Divvens

Divvens Well-Known Member

#8923 here :eek:

So XF turns 5, and my community will be turning 4 next year :p

Congratulations to the team, a great product by talented & caring developers, backed by excellent support & community.

Edit: My first post was asking something related to post-bit and @Brogan answered, I've been on here mostly for receiving support but have participated here and there to help out others too.