Not a bug Issues with the vb4 importer

benFF

Affected version
Just doing a test import of a VB4 forum into my current XF2.2 - don't worry, it's on a test machine :)

Run across a few minor issues:

1) There is no option to choose which Node you are importing to, so everything is imported directly into the root.

2) Even though I didn't select to import User groups or Custom user fields - they are still imported

This does lead me to another question though, if I'm not importing the user groups, I assume it will just dump everyone in the "Registered" group?

1) There is no option to choose which Node you are importing to, so everything is imported directly into the root.
None of the forum importers allow for specifying which node to import into. You can create a new node after completing the import and use the "Sort" button to move them into it if you like.

2) Even though I didn't select to import User groups or Custom user fields - they are still imported
Some (many) later steps are dependent on earlier steps and will be imported automatically. If you import users, importing both user groups and custom fields is required.

Good catch! I did some digging and it looks like we did actually support this at some point but it was removed to address this bug. I'll update the manual.

Top Bottom