XF 1.5 Issues after upgrading

leslie dow

Hi all
I upgraded to 1.5.3 yesterday (from 1.5.2) and all seemed fine. Ran a few tests, board seemed okay, then had an odd problem. I did also upgrade one addon ( after the 1.5.3, but again then all seemed to check out.) and these problems are happening nearly 12 hours after the upgrade and after multiple posts have been made. The addon I upgraded is PostRating by @Luke F . Any help in figuring this out will be greatly appreciated.

Now nearly 12 hours after the latest change I am getting this error from the logs (I can access the admin panel) and when I try to access the site I get the following:
An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.

Viewing source of that error I see this:
<body xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" data-pinterest-extension-installed="cr1.39.1">An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.</body>

Here is the error from the Admin panel.

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'forum.node_id' in 'on clause' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generated By: Unknown Account, 43 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/savvyauthors/public_html/Community/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('\n\t\t\t\tSELECT thr...')
#1 /home/savvyauthors/public_html/Community/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), '\n\t\t\t\tSELECT thr...')
#2 /home/savvyauthors/public_html/Community/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('\n\t\t\t\tSELECT thr...')
#3 /home/savvyauthors/public_html/Community/library/XenForo/Model.php(219): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('\n\t\t\t\tSELECT thr...', Array, 2)
#4 /home/savvyauthors/public_html/Community/library/XenForo/Model/Thread.php(563): XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed('\n\t\t\t\tSELECT thr...', 'thread_id')
#5 /home/savvyauthors/public_html/Community/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(104): XenForo_Model_Thread->getThreads(Array, Array)
#6 /home/savvyauthors/public_html/Community/library/Waindigo/CustomFields/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(16): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex()
#7 /home/savvyauthors/public_html/Community/library/WidgetFramework/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(13): Waindigo_CustomFields_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex()
#8 /home/savvyauthors/public_html/Community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): WidgetFramework_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex()
#9 /home/savvyauthors/public_html/Community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /home/savvyauthors/public_html/Community/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(51) "http://savvyauthors.com/Community/index.php?forums/"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["forums/"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Delete...Close

This is what the xf_forum table looks like before the drop, the image below this is after the columns have been dropped.
Obviously node_id is gone, but also gone are the editing options in phpmyadmin...none of the other tables seem to be affected. They all look normal, just this one.

upload_2015-12-12_18-12-53.webp

upload_2015-12-12_18-13-56.webp

There is 100% nothing between 1.5.2 and 1.5.3 that would do this. I'm not sure if it is an add-on, if it's something related to the server configuration, or if it represents someone with access to manipulate the database (though the action happening there is very weird). It may be worth changing passwords just in case.

This is a strange situation. Upgrading the forum, must not cause database fields to drop from tables. After you restore the database, can you disable all add ons for a period of time? That is to exclude them as the cause of the issue. However, I higly doubt that any add on will do that all of the sudden. In my opinion, this could be caused by the host due to server configuration, or something else like that. I would give the same advice like Mr Mike above, ask your host to use a completely new database and a new user and password to restore the database.

Top Bottom