XF 1.1 Issue Pulling RSS feed from Wordpress on same server as Xenforo Installation

kingston

I am running a Wordpress installation on the same server that I am running my Xenforo 1.1.5 installation on. I want to pull an RSS feed from this site and post to a forum via the RSS Registered Feeds. I am doing this from other RSS feeds and it is working, but I am having an error pulling from this site. I can preview the RSS feed in my browser so I know it is setup correctly and other people are able to pull it fine.

I feel like because the feed is on the same server it cannot find the feed because permissions won't allow it or something to do with the domain. I just don't know where it is getting stopped. Help! Thanks!

Here is the message I get when I type in the feed and try to preview it:

Code:
There was a problem requesting the feed.

Error message: Unable to Connect to tcp://spiritpost.com:80. Error #110: Connection timed out

You may need to contact your host about this. It's possible that the connection is being detected as local (by the operating system) but the web server isn't set to listen to the local IP or there's some other firewall in the way.

They should be able to test/confirm by attempting to wget the RSS feed URL (or perhaps even by pinging the domain) from the machine running the site.

You may need to contact your host about this. It's possible that the connection is being detected as local (by the operating system) but the web server isn't set to listen to the local IP or there's some other firewall in the way.

They should be able to test/confirm by attempting to wget the RSS feed URL (or perhaps even by pinging the domain) from the machine running the site.

It is a VPS that I have complete control over, though I will admit I am still learning about how to manage it.

I did what you suggested and now we seem to have timed out:

Code:
root@fiercewebserver:~# wget http://spiritpost.com/feed/
--2013-07-25 09:27:53--  http://spiritpost.com/feed/
Resolving spiritpost.com (spiritpost.com)... 74.217.237.154
Connecting to spiritpost.com (spiritpost.com)|74.217.237.154|:80...
failed: Connection timed out.
Retrying.

But every indication is that NGINX is listening on the localhost. What am I missing?

For anyone curious (and what my host told me):

When you host multiple sites off the same server and it is behind a router the process of one site trying to connect to the other internally while using the public IP address is called hair pinning. This needs to be turned on and does solve a lot of wonky issues while working with multiple sites that need to connect to each other.

Top Bottom