is XF limiting width on uploaded images ?

erich37

I am wondering if XF-software or the website xenforo.com is limiting the width of images being uploaded ?

I have uploaded an image having a width of 1477 px into a Forum-post, but the image is showing a much smaller width here at the website.

Is XenForo automatically scaling down the width of images ?

Cheers!

it does not allow me to "click for full size" when having the "Default style". I can only click onto "show full size" when in "Fixed Width Style".

However, the uploaded image shows much smaller width at "Default Style" and also at "Fixed Width Style" than the original uplaoded image.

Therefore, the image somehow looks blurred.

In the fixed width theme if I "click for full size" then it expands to 1,280px × 978px

Otherwise it's 1,280px × 978px (scaled to 796px × 608px)

In the fluid default theme it just shows as 1280px.

Are you saying that 1280 is "much smaller" than 1477 or do you see it even smaller?

Uploaded files are resized based on the maximum physical dimensions (pixels) set in the ACP -> Options -> Attachments: Maximum Attachment Image Dimensions.

Uploaded files are resized based on the maximum physical dimensions (pixels) set in the ACP -> Options -> Attachments: Maximum Attachment Image Dimensions.

I see that if an image that is uploaded exceeds the "Maximum Attachment Image Dimensions", it is resized. Is there a maximum resize setting? Meaning if the image is extremely large it will be rejected?

Top Bottom