Anchor text for uploaded images

Ryan Kent

Is there a method to use anchor text for uploaded images? Something like

Code:
[attach anchor="Big Gorilla Image"]999999[/attach]

I am thinking of the seo benefits. Yes, I am often reminded things like this make a small difference, but I also know every bit helps.

Do you mean a text link? You can use the URL tag.

This code:

[url=http://xenforo.com/community/attachments/198-gif.14806/]clarus the dogcow[/url]

Becomes this:

clarus the dogcow

I copied the URL of the image I uploaded.

Attachments

• 198.gif
    198.gif
    266 bytes · Views: 4
I used the wrong choice of words, sorry Jake. I don't know the right term, but I can offer an example.

In /styles/xenforo there is the XenForo.png file. If I remove or rename that file, when I log into the ACP I see the text "XenForo Logo" where the image normally appears. That is the effect I desire. Text that describes the image, which also takes the image's place in case it does not load for any reason.

I used the wrong choice of words, sorry Jake. I don't know the right term, but I can offer an example.

In /styles/xenforo there is the XenForo.png file. If I remove or rename that file, when I log into the ACP I see the text "XenForo Logo" where the image normally appears. That is the effect I desire. Text that describes the image, which also takes the image's place in case it does not load for any reason.
You want the alt attribute then.

Top Bottom