Is there a "You have to be 18 or Older to enter" extension?

PhileasPhog

I just need a simple way of asking visitors if they are "18 or Older" to proceed into the forum with a simple yes or no.

I see there is an extension, but its for XF1.xx

Does anyone have a solution or can direct me to an extension that does this?

You don't need an extension for this. Simply create a custom user field and show that field only during registration. For more:

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.
I don't think this fits the requirement of having an 18 U.S.C. Section 2257 Compliance Notice for adult websites, even if the forum itself is a secondary producer. A user must explicitly state yes or no to continue to be lawful in the US. That is, unless, the "home" is set to the registration page wherein a user can put the custom field to be in compliance with 2257 regs. But, that'd not give a good UX for most members after registration.

I think the best option right now would be a JavaScript pop-up warning box that you can put in PAGE_CONTAINER. Then, you at least tried to keep people out. It can't fall on you if the user disabled JS, can it? I'm not a lawyer, but after seeing fines and penalties, I think you should consult with one to see if JS would work or if you'd absolutely need a landing page. If the later, I'd recommend custom development because the price you'd pay for that would be far less if not in compliance.

Example:
"Click OK to confirm that you're 18+ or CANCEL to leave this website"

Edit: It looks like the UK is joining the US with the Digital Economy Act of 2017 by enforcing age restrictions starting as early as Easter 2019.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Top Bottom