Is there a way to tie your built in Facebook Like button to your Facebook Fan Page?

Rho Delta

I'd like when people click like on my site to automatically like my Fan page. This would basically subscribe them to my facebook posts that will direct traffic back to my site. Is this possible?

Can you paste an example code? I'm not seeing where you would have made this change in sidebar_share_page

<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookLike}">
<div class="facebookLike shareControl">
<xen:container var="$facebookSdk">1</xen:container>
<fb:like href="{$url}" show_faces="true" width="400" action="{$xenOptions.facebookLikeAction}" font="trebuchet ms" colorscheme="@fbColorScheme"></fb:like>

Not that i tested it but the solution seemed easy enough.. So there must be more to your short answer then just no.. Would you mind elaborating? would this be some type of Facebook TOS violation ?
Tieing in a like of content and changing the like button to point to your Facebook page are different. There's no way to specifically like this thread for example, using the button below, while simultaneously giving the XF Facebook page a like. You could change the URL to the Facebook page (as mentioned here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like/ and in this thread) but then you're liking that, rather than the page that you're on.

haha well that button has never worked properly for me.. It always produced some odd off the wall abstract url that pointed to nothing.. So making this modification would actually give some functionality to the like buttons on my forum where there was none before.... (it was actually quite counter productive in the past..)

Tieing in a like of content and changing the like button to point to your Facebook page are different. There's no way to specifically like this thread for example, using the button below, while simultaneously giving the XF Facebook page a like. You could change the URL to the Facebook page (as mentioned here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like/ and in this thread) but then you're liking that, rather than the page that you're on.

I would like to keep thread likes how they are, I really just want to change the like button on the front page to like my fan page. Liking your homepage as it is does nothing really beneficial. If I use his code will it only change the front page?

I would like to keep thread likes how they are, I really just want to change the like button on the front page to like my fan page. Liking your homepage as it is does nothing really beneficial. If I use his code will it only change the front page?
Yes unless you change it elsewhere.

Top Bottom