XF 1.2 Is there a way to retrieve drafts?

MistyMeanor

I feel so stupid, I know better than this. I was working on a long and detailed thread relating to what I expect out of my mods. I have been on/off working on it for days, but today spent HOURS working on it. I didn't save it, but it was auto-saving the entire time. We just had a power surge and it didn't pop back up when everything loaded back up. I just lost it all didn't I? Or is there somewhere in the system they are stored temporarily?

It should appear in the forum you were posting it in. How long do you store the for? You'd have to check in the database most likely, there isn't a direct way to see them.

If the save was interrupted, it may be possible that the draft was erased. You would have to look in the database directly. Do you have PhpMyAdmin access?

Yeah I think I do... can you tell me where to look? I have only been in phpmyadmin a few times before in the past and was able to tinker around and find private messages and such.

It only pulled up two things... not related to mine. I guess when someone hit the save button during posting? I don't think thats where things are auto-saved??

Ugh! I guess it's all gone... all that work. Boo! What makes me hurt even worse about this is that during the power surge it screwed up my DVR cable box. So ALL of my DVR shows recorded are GONE! Just a crappy evening overall! Sigh... Thanks for the help though guys. :(

It only pulled up two things... not related to mine. I guess when someone hit the save button during posting? I don't think thats where things are auto-saved??

Ugh! I guess it's all gone... all that work. Boo! What makes me hurt even worse about this is that during the power surge it screwed up my DVR cable box. So ALL of my DVR shows recorded are GONE! Just a crappy evening overall! Sigh... Thanks for the help though guys. :(
They are saved to xf_draft, but once you hit post (or wait > 24 hours) they are removed from the table.

They are saved to xf_draft, but once you hit post (or wait > 24 hours) they are removed from the table.
I am not understanding where they could be then... I have several things in there... about 6 databases. I looked in the one that it should be, and it didn't even show an xf_draft. Then I looked in another, and it had an xf_draft but only two items in it that were other threads. One database is my old vb, one is my new xf, one is a test xf (just added today), then there is a couple others.

I had that thread up all day, so it should have numerous drafts (since saves every 20 secs.) and I had not hit post, nor has it been 24hrs. This was just a couple of hours ago.

You talked about "history", were you editing a post? Edits don't save drafts.
Oh man... YES! Darnit!! Yes, I was editing a post... but it still showed it was auto-saving periodically?? I guess not into the actual database, it would just be there if I accidentally clicked out of it or something, but not a computer reboot because we had a power surge.

Top Bottom