XF 2.2 Is there a tutorial on how to create a monthly paid subscription for a forum?

Luke247

Hello,

I want certain forums and categories within my forum to be accessed through paid subscriptions only. is there a tutorial for this? If not, will you please explain how to do this?

Thank you.

Add paid registration add-on to take take it up a notch:

Add-on is worth every penny.

Add paid registration add-on to take take it up a notch:

Add-on is worth every penny.

And another alternative which also does the job in the OP perfectly well (and significantly cheaper):

Remove the view permission for the Registered user group for the specific categories/forums.

Create a new user group with the view permission set to Yes for the specific categories/forums.

Create a user upgrade which promotes to that user group.
Ok thanks. I completed the steps. Now where does the user go to purchase the subscription so they can access the specific forum?

Click your username in the top-right navigation menu and you should find "Account Upgrades".
Thank you. Do you know if the purchase button can be put on a different page? For example, can I create a sales page to promote the subscription and put that button, or a link that does the same thing as the purchase button, on that sales page (instead of the "account upgrades section) ?

Thank you. Do you know if the purchase button can be put on a different page? For example, can I create a sales page to promote the subscription and put that button, or a link that does the same thing as the purchase button, on that sales page (instead of the "account upgrades section) ?
Can somebody answer this question?

Can somebody answer this question?
Yes you can create a page node and add a link there to the upgrades page. You could also add a notice anywhere with the link.

Unfortunately there is not (yet) a text editor for page nodes or notices so you will need to do it with html.

You could also add a tab to the top level navigation.

This will get you started for an html button link to the upgrades page:

Code:
<a class="button--cta button" href="/account/upgrades">Account Upgrades</a>
Thanks, but I don't want a button that goes to the upgrades page. I want a button for the actual individual upgrade that goes straight to the payment page, so i can bypass the upgrades pages and just go straight to payment.

Thanks, but I don't want a button that goes to the upgrades page. I want a button for the actual individual upgrade that goes straight to the payment page, so i can bypass the upgrades pages and just go straight to payment.
You can maybe use the URL of the upgrade on the upgrade page?

Top Bottom