XF 2.0 Is there a tutorial on how to use Eclipse with XF2?

Tipmoose

I have been trying to use the latest version of Eclipse to explore XF code and it hasn't been pretty. I found the tutorial @Kier posted for loading XF1 into Eclipse and of course it worked effortlessly for him. I'm using his Scotchbox implementation for XF2 and when I try to load a new PHP project using MyServer\public\xenforo, it does its best to resolve everything but ends up with 400 errors and 400 warnings. No clue how to proceed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Errors.webp
    Errors.webp
    153.6 KB · Views: 19
It's been a while since I used Eclipse, but it looks like you've got it set up and working. You just need to tell it to ignore certain files or errors/warnings. However, I honestly don't recall how to do that in Eclipse.

And if I recall, you need to set the PHP version in Eclipse to the minimum version required by XenForo.

It's been a while since I used Eclipse, but it looks like you've got it set up and working. You just need to tell it to ignore certain files or errors/warnings. However, I honestly don't recall how to do that in Eclipse.

And if I recall, you need to set the PHP version in Eclipse to the minimum version required by XenForo.

Thank you...I will give that a try. I'm used to languages like C# and C++ which are pretty particular about the projects they build, so maybe all the warnings just threw me.

Top Bottom