XF 2.0 Is there a 'Dark' version of the Default style?

tomwood

I've tried some of the third party styles, but they typically change too many things in addition to the color scheme. For example, UI.X Dark puts the search tool in the header row which borks the banner, and takes away the hide edit history tool when editing a post. All I want is an exact duplicate of the Default style, except in a Dark version with the text/background reversed. White/light-gray text on a black/dark-gray background. I'm coming at this from Wordpress where some of the default styles (twenty sixteen) have a one-button style change from light to dark. If this isn't available, I'd like to add it to the suggestions! ETA: I'd like to give my users the two choices, either light or dark, and have both be identical in layout. Also, Xenforo is a wonderful program, thank you to the developers! This is not a complaint.

Last edited:
This is a good suggestion. Although theoretically might you just go to the colour palette and change light colours to dark and dark colours to light, it isn't that straightforward, especially re: Colours 4 and 5.

If you don't need all of the bells and whistles that a custom style has, as others have said it's relatively simple to do. IMHO my site is a perfect example of that. The default style on my site is nothing more than a color modified default XenForo style with a few very minor changes done in a couple of the less templates.
https://snogssite.com

Doing your own color changes also removes the dependency on the style developers releasing updates when XenForo itself is updated.

I've tried some of the third party styles, but they typically change too many things in addition to the color scheme. For example, UI.X Dark puts the search tool in the header row which borks the banner, and takes away the hide edit history tool when editing a post. All I want is an exact duplicate of the Default style, except in a Dark version with the text/background reversed. White/light-gray text on a black/dark-gray background. I'm coming at this from Wordpress where some of the default styles (twenty sixteen) have a one-button style change from light to dark. If this isn't available, I'd like to add it to the suggestions! ETA: Xenforo is a wonderful program, thank you to the developers!

In this thread I provide detailed instructions to create a Default Style Dark.

https://www.xf2addons.com/threads/default-style-dark.254/

You can see it in action by using the Style chooser and selecting Default Style Dark.

This one is a darker style based on the original I think.

Top Bottom