XF 2.1 Is there a color map?

rickhz

Is there a map showing how color designations apply to specific areas of the pages?

I just tried to change my page background color to a dark blue which then hid the dark text for categories. I then used a lighter color for the text that became hidden, but it also affected text that was within the center of the page which has a white background.

Also tinker with the settings under the “Heading” part as I suspect those are the items you’re looking to alter.

To keep a white background leave that default. The blue’ish background for the tab can be done by changing the “Major Heading background color” while the text for the header is changed by “Major Heading text color.”

Last edited:
Hi Lee.

Google has been bugging me about some issue with 1.5.x so it's time for a change.

I just played with the items you mentioned. I am looking to change the background on the outer edges of the content. On this site it is a light gray. Once I made that change the black text showing the blended into the dark blue making it unreadable. I changed it to a light color, but that also changed the text within the content area again making it unreadable.

• Forums
New Members - Photo Gallery- Explorer Registries -

Changing the color of the text above also changed the color of the text within the content area.

From the Color Palette page

Color 1

Color 2

Color 3

Color 4

Color 5

Accent 1 - 3

Neutral 1 - 3

And it's up to the end user to guess which color does what? Why? LOL

At least the old version had descriptive titles... In fact I took the time to write down my color codes for the old install before going over to the new version, only to find that none of the descriptions matched. Not only that, but the new version doesn't support # colors such as #000056 it only supports RGB 0, 0, 86 what a waste of time that was...

The way I've been describing this change is that it's as if you walked out to your toolbox, opened it up and all the tools were different and they no longer worked the same. Still trying to do the exact same thing you always did with your tools, but now you have to re-learn how to use a hammer that doesn't have a head on it, just a wooden handle. Yeah you can beat your work into submission with the handle, but it sure isn't as easy. ;)

If you select the “picker” you’re able to use the code #000056. Put that in and it’ll update itself....but it looks like you found that. I’m working off a demo now and it’s got some vague descriptions there, but I do agree some are hard to guess.

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 3.12.57 PM.webp

That is close to what I want, but the issue is that the content text, and the thread title text uses the same code.

Text basic
Unless otherwise specified, text will be this color

I can't find a way to adjust the Thread Title and the Content Text separately. For me it's to light of a text in the content area, and as I make it darker the Thread Title becomes too dark on the blue background.

What if you try this........
  • Adjust the color for the title to what you want and make it look good. Ignore the color for text of the posting for now
  • Follow this path..... Style properties > Content Areas > Content area base
Adjust the color here to a black and hit save.

Top Bottom