Is there a CMS planned?

Yes, it could basically be a simple article system to begin with.
  • Articles with title & content
  • Comments on articles
  • Categories to put articles in.
Done (for now).

Yes, it could basically be a simple article system to begin with.
  • Articles with title & content
  • Comments on articles
  • Categories to put articles in.
Done (for now).

That would be more than enough in the beginning. But review and custom content types are a must in the near future.

If XF can have a CMS as a Core feature, you got yourself a customer or vB 3.8 is just fine for me!

While there may very well be one in the future, right now the guys are concentrating on the forum software.
I highly doubt that the first public release will contain a CMS.

While there may very well be one in the future, right now the guys are concentrating on the forum software.

If they don't it means they need to get more developers on board NOW ... Facebook has an ARMY of developers ...

forum developers can not continue working like turtles with their heads facing the ground.

If they don't it means they need to get more developers on board NOW ... Facebook has an ARMY of developers ...

forum developers can not continue working like turtles with their heads facing the ground.

The point of this is not to get an army of developers. Having too many developers can slow down the speed of development. Right now, things are going at a stable pace, and their current implementation is at least very satisfactory. I am sure if they don't include a CMS, they will have hooks and APIs available for a complementary CMS to exist and make use of.

There is no point trying to compete with Facebook. They do what they do extremely well and they are vast.

We are concentrating on doing what we do better than anyone else, and that means not stretching our resources so thinly that nothing received the required amount of design and attention to detail that it requires.

There is no point trying to compete with Facebook. They do what they do extremely well and they are vast.

We are concentrating on doing what we do better than anyone else, and that means not stretching our resources so thinly that nothing received the required amount of design and attention to detail that it requires.

Sorry mate, I don't quite get it. Is that Yes or No or May be with respect to the original question?

Top Bottom