Is there a CMS planned?

Jaxel has replied to this issue.
He would like to see Xenforo make the Home Tab "a real tab" so he can utilize it.
He says he stays away from template edits (which is the only way to do this now).

This thread in the development forums deals with this.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/event-code-listener.6327/

I am going to start a thread to solicit "Likes", to show the amount of interest in this Need.

In the meantime, everyone should go to this post by Kier and click LIKE.

I'll look into the feasibility of making the Home tab a genuine tab.

That's what we are using over at TeeVeeTown and it's working fine so far :D

Arny haven't dived in yet, but if the Mods can allow us to digress just a tad, can you get a latest posts feed to WP yet or does someone need to code that up?

Arny haven't dived in yet, but if the Mods can allow us to digress just a tad, can you get a latest posts feed to WP yet or does someone need to code that up?

Jethro, we are using Yahoo Pipes as we feed our various RSS feeds into it. It's on the homepage right underneath the "votes/ratings" block. :)

Why not just start a separate forum area and post articles in there? Seems like it would serve the same purpose as a CMS? The important thing is your content and the quality of the material, not the delivery method.

Why not just start a separate forum area and post articles in there? Seems like it would serve the same purpose as a CMS? The important thing is your content and the quality of the material, not the delivery method.
It seems you do not understand the purpose of a CMS. It is to create a website, and easily maintain it, it is completely different from the forum.

Well as soon as Xenforo has a CMS they've got another customer, even if its just a basic system that will allow me to transfer my content, that they will build upon later, I've had enough of vbulletin and the bugs and slow development time. Ideally I'd like the features to match what vbulletin currently has i.e social groups, blogs etc but I can live without those if it means I can move away from vbulletin but unfortunately a cms is a deal breaker.

Well as soon as Xenforo has a CMS they've got another customer, even if its just a basic system that will allow me to transfer my content, that they will build upon later, I've had enough of vbulletin and the bugs and slow development time. Ideally I'd like the features to match what vbulletin currently has i.e social groups, blogs etc but I can live without those if it means I can move away from vbulletin but unfortunately a cms is a deal breaker.

If it's only CMS holding you back, you may want to look at 'contentteller', it's a commercial option that is professionally bridged to xF, there's a few threads on here discussing it if you do a search.

I am currently 'playing' with it, with the intention of changing my live site from vB4 to xF/Ct in the nest few weeks, the test site is here: http://doctorwatson.info/sussex

Thanks, I'll look into that,

I'd prefer the cms to be part of xenforo, as I've had problems in the past where I've used add ons and they've stopped beign developed, but it might just be perfect as a stop gap.

Thanks, I'll look into that,

I'd prefer the cms to be part of xenforo, as I've had problems in the past where I've used add ons and they've stopped beign developed, but it might just be perfect as a stop gap.

This is why I gave up on the WordPress bridge that is in the 'add-on' section here, because I couldn't get it working and was worried about support in the future.

Ct being commercial software has a better chance, I think, of being developed and kept up to date, esp as they are using xF on their own site.

Here are a couple of threads about it on here:

Help to test my Contentteller CMS bridged xenForo install.

Contentteller

I've changed my view on this. I'd like to see Kier and co develop a offical bridge between wordpress and xenforo.

If possible I'd like this to be the next thing they do once xf goes gold, the benefit they'd get from it would be worth them doing it as a priority as then everyone thats currently using IPB or VB with the cms can change over.

I've changed my view on this. I'd like to see Kier and co develop a offical bridge between wordpress and xenforo.
There is a bridge.
Why would K&M do a better job ?
K&M don't control Wordpress.com and changes they would make.
I'd be very surprised to see xF release an official Wordpress Bridge, so even if you want one, I really doubt it would ever happen for a number or major reasons.

I know there is a bridge, I'm currently using it but where possible I prefer to stick to offical releses as less chance of bugs.

Top Bottom