1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Is just me or do you have register/register in register_form?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by dondomainer, Aug 24, 2016.

1. dondomainer

dondomainer Member

I found this in register_form

Code:
    <form action="{xen:link 'register/register'}" method="post" class="xenForm AutoValidator"
        data-fieldValidatorUrl="{xen:link register/validate-field}"
        data-normalSubmit="1"
    >
    I ask because i have never touched this template until now and I do not think this is correct. I'm pretty sure we all have the same because i searched in other xen sites and I get the same error.

This action is available via POST only. Please press the back button and try again.

instead of 404.

someone can confirm plz.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes, that is the default code.

Do you have an issue/problem or is there something you're trying to do?

3. dondomainer

dondomainer Member

( i dont found any error),I found it by luck, trying to find why I was sent from login (Registration button ) to

login/login <--- This error is also present in other sites

4. dondomainer

dondomainer Member

I found why ,,.in helper_login_form

Code:
    <form action="{xen:link 'login/login'}

5. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

That's not an error. That's the correct URL.

You see an error message because the URL is only supposed to be used for submitting forms - you're not supposed to point a browser to it.

Liam

6. dondomainer

dondomainer Member

If you make click from login page in Register, you get redirection to login/login <-- thats have to be a n error.

7. Snog

Snog Well-Known Member

That's not an error. You're attempting to log in without an account so it displays the Sign up/registration page.

8. dondomainer

dondomainer Member

What is the justification for : yoursite.com/community/login/login

or in code :

Code:
    form action="{xen:link 'login/login'}"

continued to

{xen:link login/validate-field}"

9. Snog

Snog Well-Known Member

There's no need for justification. But if you must know the first login is the route, the second login is the function. So it's login/login. And if you're not a member it displays the sign up page. Look at the PHP code for a better understanding of how it works.

dondomainer likes this.