Is it premature to start a Code Monkey Section?

jonsidneyb

I know it may be way to early to do this but I was wondering if it was?

If there was a Code Monkey forum we could start getting to know them and find out what ideas and services they might be able to provide in advance of the forums debut.

I think it's not premature to start one behind closed doors, and make it public when there's a first public beta. Until then, I see no use for it?

I know it may be way to early to do this but I was wondering if it was?

If there was a Code Monkey forum we could start getting to know them and find out what ideas and services they might be able to provide in advance of the forums debut.

jon it is a bit early for this. However, once the forum is a bit further along, I'm sure that's on the roadmap. Stay tuned!

Given that we haven't released any detailed technical information yet, it would be a little premature, but rest assured there will be a forum or section devoted to this purpose in due course.

Are mods gonna work like Plugins/hooks (vbulletin/IPB3) or will they be in the form of code snippets that are posted and placed into a global overall template? (Zetaboards?) or will it go old school and require modifying the core files? (IPB 2.x and prior)

Hey, someone called themselves a Code Monkey and I asked them if that was a bad term.

As soon as its released, all us code monkeys get a copy, depends on how easy the system is and what you are wanting to create :D

is "code monkey" a derogatory term? I don't want code monkeys mad at me cuz I am going to need them.

Nah, we wear it with pride much as "Geeks" are now self-proclaimed as well. I tried getting "Code Monkey" on my business cards but corporate purchasing said no. :(

See, I am innocent of any transgression ;)

It will absolutely be different here, you just have to be patient. Now,I know that you've heard that one before too so don't kick me. Just remember that the software has only been public for a couple of days, is brand new, and the devs are still hard at work on it The roadmap is not at the forefront of their minds I'm sure, nor should it be.

All in good time :)

Kinda off-topic, but IMO, "code monkey" is slightly derogatory.
The term code monkey generally refers to a computer programmer or other person who writes computer code for a living. More specifically, it refers to people who only grind out code, rather than performing the more intellectually complex tasks of software architecture, analysis, and design. The term is thus considered mildly insulting, and is often applied to the most junior people on a programming team.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_monkey

Top Bottom