XF 2.0 is it possible to turn off the user info pop up?

electrogypsy

Just curious if there's a switch somewhere that I'm missing. I prefer the old XF1 method of clicking on a user (link/avatar/whatever) and being taken directly to their profile. in xf2 there's obviously this new pop up when you click:

screenshot-xenforo.com-2018.06.28-17-05-52.webp

just wondering if there's a way to disable that? tried searching in the admin cp but i'm not sure what word to use. thank you!

In {adminpanel}/style-properties/group&group=member you can add Freeform CSS/LESS code in "Member tooltip header":
CSS:
display: none;
After that you don't see the top of the tooltip, but it's not the full solution.

In {adminpanel}/style-properties/group&group=member you can add Freeform CSS/LESS code in "Member tooltip header":
CSS:
display: none;
After that you don't see the top of the tooltip, but it's not the full solution.

strangely enough, that doesn't seem to do anything on my theme (ui.x dark 2), although it should...

Quick solution:
Go to /src/XF/Template/Templater.php public function fnUsernameLink($templater, &$escape, $user, $rich = false, $attributes = [])
In the last line of that function, remove {$xfInitAttr}.

Clean solution:
Find all occurences of <xf:username tags in your templates and add a notooltip="true" to the attribute list.

unfortunately, the major problem with that solution is that you now have to click twice on the username to go to their profile, which is confusing to users, so i've removed that css.

i really wish there was an option to disable the pop up in xf. this might make a good candidate for one of @AndyB's addons :D

It's possible with template edits but it should probably be handled via an add-on so you're not editing a ton of templates. You have to add a little code to each link where it pops up, some of the common areas:

Message avatar:
Template:
message_macros
Find:
Code:
<xf:avatar user="$user" size="m" defaultname="{$fallbackName}" itemprop="image" />
Replace with:
Code:
<xf:avatar user="$user" size="m" defaultname="{$fallbackName}"  notooltip="true" itemprop="image" />

Message username:
Template:
message_macros
Find:
Code:
<xf:username user="$user" rich="true" defaultname="{$fallbackName}" itemprop="name" />
Replace with:
Code:
<xf:username user="$user" rich="true" defaultname="{$fallbackName}" notooltip="true" itemprop="name" />

Forum list last post username:
Template:
node_list_forum
Find:
Code:
<xf:username user="{{ {'user_id': $extras.last_post_user_id, 'username': $extras.last_post_username} }}" />
Replace with:
Code:
<xf:username user="{{ {'user_id': $extras.last_post_user_id, 'username': $extras.last_post_username} }}" notooltip="true" />

Kind of get the hint :), anywhere you want to disable you can just add in:
Code:
notooltip="true"
to the existing username call and it would disable the membercard.

I've been editing quite a lot of templates to remove the tooltip and ended up at the Alerts popup. I can't seem to remove the tooltip for the username in the alert_macros as it's got "{$alert.render()|raw}". Anyone know what I can do?

Simply removing the popup from the frontend isn't enough, the underlying queries all use LEFT JOINS when they should be INNER JOINS. There needs to be a way to turn off the functionality entirely, including preventing the profile queries from running. This is a big problem on the main page.

Top Bottom