is it possible to translate [quote]

erich37

I am just wondering if it is possible to translate the wording for "quote" in the brackets ?

I guess people name this BB-Code or something (in the Forum-world).......

saying, is it possible to translate:
[ quote ]

hmmmm.... wondering if any other web-applications are using "BB-Codes", besides Forum-software ?
Seems to be a relict of the early days of the internet.

Well, did not see FaceBook or Twitter or Blogs or any other software using BB-Codes.....?

hmmmm.... wondering if any other web-applications are using "BB-Codes", besides Forum-software ?
Seems to be a relict of the early days of the internet.

Well, did not see FaceBook or Twitter or Blogs or any other software using BB-Codes.....?

Doesn't BB stand for Bulletin Board, ergo would be used by bulletin board software?

I think there's going to be an option to enter your own bbcodes, ergo enter what you prefer to the [ quote ] tags.

just wondering why those BB-Codes did not evolve into some sort of modern and easier (point and click) solution over the years.
Well, I have never used any Forums before, so I am not used to BB-Codes and I think this could be made into something easier to use.

Literally into something without any visible code to the user, just like a button-click.

just wondering why those BB-Codes did not evolve into some sort of modern and easier (point and click) solution over the years.
Well, I have never used any Forums before, so I am not used to BB-Codes and I think this could be made into something easier to use.

Literally into something without any visible code to the user, just like a button-click.
Usually it is, however they haven't added it to the editor yet.

Well, I have never used any Forums before
Clearly.

erich37 said:
Seems to be a relic of the early days of the internet.
bbCodes are widely used across the internet for all situations where HTML styling is needed but you do not want to allow the user to post HTML.

It did. WYSIWYG.

I am not used to BB-Codes and I think this could be made into something easier to use.
You just said you have "never used any Forums before". At least give it a week before declaring something a "relic". The reason why it's necessary to see quote tags is in case you decide to split up a quote and respond line-by-line. I've seen forums that don't show quotes as bbCode. It's a nightmare to try to reply to that quote. Can you think of an interface that would have allowed me to split up your quote and respond line-by-line without bbCodes?

For everything else, this is done with the WYSIWYG, but for quotes, the tags are shown.

Top Bottom