XF 2.2 is it possible to setup posting spam option to?

spirogg

a couple questions on best option to setup 1st and second post for a new user.

so how would I setup my registered users to not allow a post without being reviewed for the first 1 2 or 3 posts..
then after I review them and not spam and I approve them the registered user is allowed to post in any forum without my review

also just incase the first couple posts are from a spammerbut do not seem like spam
- how would i setup the spam for it to catch the registered user spamming ? what are the best options for setting this up?

thanks
Spiro

Solution
Restrict the Registered group the way you want. This is the default xf usergroup. Then after one approved post, they graduate to a new group you create, call it whatever you want. Set this up after creating the new group, using usergroup promotions. I have it to where they register, and every post they make is moderated until one is approved. Then they automatically get promoted to an additional usergroup that has better permissions.

You can set this up any way you want but remember the xf default usergroup is "registered" and that is the one you want to put the limits on.
Restrict the Registered group the way you want. This is the default xf usergroup. Then after one approved post, they graduate to a new group you create, call it whatever you want. Set this up after creating the new group, using usergroup promotions. I have it to where they register, and every post they make is moderated until one is approved. Then they automatically get promoted to an additional usergroup that has better permissions.

You can set this up any way you want but remember the xf default usergroup is "registered" and that is the one you want to put the limits on.

Solution
Additionally to avoid them getting annoyed and just leaving, you can hide the notice that tells them their posts are pending approval.

In the extra.less template simply put:

Code:
.messageNotice--moderated {
    display: none;
}

It won't be obvious to them that their posts aren't published.

Top Bottom