Is it possible to limit to the new threads the global RSS feed?

giorgino

I use the feed for Google, Twitter, Facebook and Google+ pages, but the global feed include all the "discussed" threads and not the new threads only.

Is it possible to limit to the new threads the global RSS feed?

I think you want this:

library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php

Remove the red code:

Rich (BB code):
	public function getGlobalForumRss()
	{
		$threadModel = $this->_getThreadModel();
		$visitor = XenForo_Visitor::getInstance();

$threadsPerPage = max(1, XenForo_Application::get('options')->discussionsPerPage);
		$autoReadDate = XenForo_Application::$time - (XenForo_Application::get('options')->readMarkingDataLifetime * 86400);

$threads = $threadModel->getThreads(
			array('find_new' => true, 'last_post_date' => array('>', $autoReadDate)),
			array(
				'limit' => $threadsPerPage * 3, // to filter
				'order' => 'last_post_date',
				'join' =>
					XenForo_Model_Thread::FETCH_FORUM | XenForo_Model_Thread::FETCH_FORUM_OPTIONS |
					XenForo_Model_Thread::FETCH_USER,
				'permissionCombinationId' => $visitor['permission_combination_id']
			)
		);
		foreach ($threads AS $key => $thread)
		{
			$thread['permissions'] = XenForo_Permission::unserializePermissions($thread['node_permission_cache']);

if (!$threadModel->canViewThreadAndContainer($thread, $thread, $null, $thread['permissions']))
			{
				unset($threads[$key]);
			}
		}
		$threads = array_slice($threads, 0, $threadsPerPage, true);

$viewParams = array(
			'threads' => $threads
		);
		return $this->responseView('XenForo_ViewPublic_Forum_GlobalRss', '', $viewParams);
	}

Now the global feed will order threads by thread start date, not last post date.

@giorgino did you figure this out? I have made the edit above, but it did not make a difference. This post was from 2012 so things might have changed as well. Any idea @Jake Bunce ?

[edit My mistake... forgot I had cache on my server . After refresh works!]

Weird question with Xenforo 1.5 is there a way to get it so it DOES what it used to do with the posts in global RSS reposting every time there is a new reply?

Top Bottom